Massive use of chemical weapons in Syria, 1,429 killed including 426 children

Started by jimmy olsen, August 21, 2013, 05:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

Quote from: Razgovory on August 30, 2013, 12:38:26 PM
Serbs sure did.
That was not a few missile strikes. That was a sustained air campaign to destroy the serbs' ability to continue what they were doing. It was a refreshing change for Bill "fire and forget" Clinton.

I guess we'll see where this goes.

Razgovory

Quote from: Maximus on August 30, 2013, 12:45:06 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 30, 2013, 12:38:26 PM
Serbs sure did.
That was not a few missile strikes. That was a sustained air campaign to destroy the serbs' ability to continue what they were doing. It was a refreshing change for Bill "fire and forget" Clinton.

I guess we'll see where this goes.

Funny how history is rewritten.

Anyway, looks like Obama will speak in an hour.  I imagine there will be some ultimatum. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

I have the Donato site loaded on my iPad. PREPARING TO ORDER PIZZA
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Maximus

Quote from: Razgovory on August 30, 2013, 01:04:55 PM
Anyway, looks like Obama will speak in an hour.  I imagine there will be some ultimatum.

"Bring those people back to life or there will be a couple more explosions in your blown-to-shit country"

Admiral Yi

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 30, 2013, 01:36:29 PM
I don't think you meant ultimatum Raz.

I think I did.  "Step down in 48 hours or we will drop bombs" or something like that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 30, 2013, 01:58:16 PM
Step down from what?

A flight of stairs.  I don't know what the demands will be, but I imagine there will be some demands and if they are not fulfilled in a certain amount of time bombing will commence.  Do you think this is an impossible scenario?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on August 30, 2013, 02:01:27 PM
A flight of stairs.  I don't know what the demands will be, but I imagine there will be some demands and if they are not fulfilled in a certain amount of time bombing will commence.  Do you think this is an impossible scenario?

I think it's a very strange scenario.  Our ostensible motivation for striking is something that has already happened.  As Max said, they can't bring the victims back to life.  Definitely not in 48 hours.

Ed Anger

BBC folks were complaining the the UK wasn't included in the list of allies. Brits can be so needy.  :lol:

Ed Anger

Ooooooo, the declaration of France as America's oldest ally has some knickers in a twist.

I'm laughing my ass off.

Malthus

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 30, 2013, 03:41:17 PM
Ooooooo, the declaration of France as America's oldest ally has some knickers in a twist.

I'm laughing my ass off.

Does that mean no more "freedom fries?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

Quote from: Malthus on August 30, 2013, 03:48:56 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 30, 2013, 03:41:17 PM

I'm laughing my ass off.

Does that mean no more "freedom fries?  :hmm:

French bashing is sooooo 2003.

Admiral Yi

Quick show of hands: who here has been in a food establishment that actually had "freedom fries" printed on the menu?

I did when I was hanging with CCR way back at his folk's place in western Illinois.  The owner was a furriner, which probably explains it.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 30, 2013, 03:52:26 PM
Quick show of hands: who here has been in a food establishment that actually had "freedom fries" printed on the menu?

I did when I was hanging with CCR way back at his folk's place in western Illinois.  The owner was a furriner, which probably explains it.

I saw none.