How many people in Quebec are like Viper and Grallon?

Started by Razgovory, August 15, 2013, 06:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: merithyn on August 29, 2013, 09:57:25 AM
Quote from: Malthus on August 29, 2013, 09:50:03 AM

You took what looked like it might be a crack at me. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, assuming you were just joking. And I'm the bad guy?  :hmm:

:rolleyes:

It was obviously a joke, and that you would think that it might be a crack at you says either you're paranoid, or you think very little of my ability to read, understand, and logically deduce what you were really saying. I'll go with the latter, as that seems to be the theme around here lately.

You really are in a nasty mood.  :lol:

How about this: 'never mind, let it go'.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on August 29, 2013, 10:02:36 AM

You took what looked like it might be a crack at me. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, assuming you were just joking. And I'm the bad guy?  :hmm:

It was obviously a joke, and that you would think that it might be a crack at you says either you're paranoid, or you think very little of my ability to read, understand, and logically deduce what you were really saying. I'll go with the latter, as that seems to be the theme around here lately.

You really are in a nasty mood.  :lol:

How about this: 'never mind, let it go'.

Rude.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Yeah what gives Malthus?  This was about as obvious as a ton of bricks.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on August 29, 2013, 10:33:55 AM

Yeah what gives Malthus?  This was about as obvious as a ton of bricks.

It wasn't obvious to me. The fact is that I often get accused of all sorts of bias in Quebec threads, and so I quite honestly did not know if that was a reference to that.

Know what? This place is getting on my nerves, and it is my fault. I should I think take a break.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on August 29, 2013, 10:37:43 AM
It wasn't obvious to me. The fact is that I often get accused of all sorts of bias in Quebec threads, and so I quite honestly did not know if that was a reference to that.

Nah it was just a general joke on how combatative the Canadians get in these threads, not  you personally.

QuoteKnow what? This place is getting on my nerves, and it is my fault. I should I think take a break.

Always a good policy when that happens :hug:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on August 29, 2013, 10:39:04 AM

Nah it was just a general joke on how combatative the Canadians get in these threads, not  you personally.

QuoteKnow what? This place is getting on my nerves, and it is my fault. I should I think take a break.

Always a good policy when that happens :hug:

Heh, I'll be back.  :D

Grallon

Know what? This place is getting on my nerves, and it is my fault. I should I think take a break.

I've said it before - Malthus has blinders full on when it comes to this question - and when asked about it he gets all defensive.  :P

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Maximus

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

It seems like the PQ is mad at Justin Trudeau for comparing their charter to the Jim Crow laws.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/blasts+Justin+Trudeau+seeming+comparison+Quebec+charter+values+segregation/8847738/story.html

Quote"You know we are not in the intolerance camp, our approach is one of dialogue, but we want to clarify the rules when it comes to Quebec values."

:lol:

Maximus

Well maybe he is good for something.

BTW, "moderation of epitaphs"?

Neil

I was going to say that this is the first apt thing that Trudeau has ever done.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Malthus

Quote from: Grallon on August 29, 2013, 11:14:41 AM

I've said it before - Malthus has blinders full on when it comes to this question - and when asked about it he gets all defensive.  :P

G.

See, Valmy?  :) This is exactly what I was talking about. Thanks, Grallon, for the demonstration.

Having some third party crack a joke, based on this history = easily mistaken as a personal dig. Hence, my question.