News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Obama to Pause US Relations with Russia

Started by Savonarola, August 13, 2013, 02:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

His gift to the queen was pretty widely panned at the time Raz.  Wasn't just "a Conservative thing."

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 15, 2013, 05:33:17 AM
His gift to the queen was pretty widely panned at the time Raz.  Wasn't just "a Conservative thing."

Of course.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

:hmm: I don't get how of course and your question to Speesh go together.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 15, 2013, 06:38:34 AM
:hmm: I don't get how of course and your question to Speesh go together.

I was saying of course to you.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on August 15, 2013, 07:24:41 AM
I was saying of course to you.

Sure.  How can you on the one hand agree that an iPod of his own speeches was a goofy present but claim that on the other that an accusation of narcissism is "a conservative thing?"

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on August 15, 2013, 05:01:18 AM
Extreme narcissism?  Is that the new Conservative claim?
Pretty old one, actually.  It's been rarely heard since Obama murdered all those diplomats in Benghazi.

The Minsky Moment

The ipod contained mostly video from the Queen's prior visists to the US.  It also contained 2 audio recordings of Obama speeches.
Since I assume that Obama himself did not personally decide on the gift, choose the content and load it on the ipad, but rather those decisions are made by WH and/or State Dept protocol staff, it is kind of silly to accuse him personally of narcissism over this particular incident.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 15, 2013, 10:11:16 AM
The ipod contained mostly video from the Queen's prior visists to the US.  It also contained 2 audio recordings of Obama speeches.
Since I assume that Obama himself did not personally decide on the gift, choose the content and load it on the ipad, but rather those decisions are made by WH and/or State Dept protocol staff, it is kind of silly to accuse him personally of narcissism over this particular incident.

Sure.  Just like we can't blame him or credit him for his speeches, since he doesn't write those.

frunk

It was a pretty dumbass gift whether it was initiated by Obama or not, just like it was spectacularly dumb for him to win the Noble prize for, hmm, existing.

Admiral Yi

frunk

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 15, 2013, 11:28:05 AM
The Nobel was for not being Bush.

I'm not sure Hillary or McCain would have won it if either of them became president.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on August 15, 2013, 11:39:09 AM
Meh Carter already got a prize for that.

So did Algore and that Egyptian nukalar dude.  Bush is the gift that keeps on giving.

frunk

Quote from: Valmy on August 15, 2013, 11:39:09 AM

Meh Carter already got a prize for that.

At least Carter had done peaceish things, even if some of them were horribly misguided.