[Pee Sea] MatrixGames' Commander...any reviews?

Started by CountDeMoney, May 29, 2009, 05:44:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

A buddy of mine is interested in Commander-Europe At War.

Naturally, my opinion is that since MatrixGames is publishing it, it will be overpriced, broken and eventually playable after Patch 5.23.5635765.75768752.23421.1v2.

Anybody have it that can prove differently?

Syt

Isn't that already the Gold version that they recently put out? I think it's more or less the patched version of vanilla. IIRC the reviews were that it's a fun beer and pretzels game. The Napoleon variety supposedly sucks the balls of a diseased hyena.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Berkut

I messed around with the demo - it is actually a little bit more meaty than I thought. Not a bad little game, and I bet it would be fun as a PBEM game.

Wasn't willing to shell out $50 to find out though. I am still waiting for the first patch for CoG.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

Of course, don't pay Matrix's price, you can get it for 30...

http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.yahoo.net/mihicoeuatwa.html

The demo to me seemed alright, but it wasn't enough to get me to spend 50 bucks on it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ancient Demon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 29, 2009, 05:44:00 AM
A buddy of mine is interested in Commander-Europe At War.

Naturally, my opinion is that since MatrixGames is publishing it, it will be overpriced, broken and eventually playable after Patch 5.23.5635765.75768752.23421.1v2.

Anybody have it that can prove differently?

I have it. Not bad, but not worth the price I paid. It's fairly balanced (more or less), but don't expect anything from the AI. Also, the game doesn't support wide screen resolutions.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.