It's (not) alive! Franken-meat lurches from the lab to the frying pan

Started by jimmy olsen, August 04, 2013, 11:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on August 05, 2013, 01:51:16 PM
Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on August 05, 2013, 12:18:21 AM
Take that, my vegan ex-girlfriend!

Take what?  That's silly.  The advent of artificial meat is the best news a vegetarian could ever receive.  Except two chicks at one time.
Hey man, those cells are like...alive!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Agelastus

Reading this article brings that old Civilisation clone "Call to Power" to mind. :hmm:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on August 05, 2013, 11:20:48 AM
I finally took the family out to the Smashburger location near home.  We drive by it every morning when I take the kids to pre-school, so my son asks about it every day. 

Dunno if it was because I was dying of hunger, but my burger was really good.  Only thing I didn't like was the skinny little shoestring fries.  They tasted okay (espec. the olive oil & rosemary ones), but they're just annoying to eat.

My two-year old daughter still refuses to eat beef, which worries me.
I like Smashburger (got one right by the office), but for that type of thing I like Five Guys better.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on August 05, 2013, 07:04:45 PM
I like Smashburger (got one right by the office), but for that type of thing I like Five Guys better.

Just for the burger itself I think I prefer Smashburger.  Factor in the fries and price and it's Five Guys.  I haven't been to Five Guys in ages, though.  I don't frequent burger joints much these days, and their locations are always out of my way.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall