It's (not) alive! Franken-meat lurches from the lab to the frying pan

Started by jimmy olsen, August 04, 2013, 11:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

I finally took the family out to the Smashburger location near home.  We drive by it every morning when I take the kids to pre-school, so my son asks about it every day. 

Dunno if it was because I was dying of hunger, but my burger was really good.  Only thing I didn't like was the skinny little shoestring fries.  They tasted okay (espec. the olive oil & rosemary ones), but they're just annoying to eat.

My two-year old daughter still refuses to eat beef, which worries me.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on August 05, 2013, 11:20:48 AM

:o

Better go get that checked out!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on August 05, 2013, 11:26:25 AM
Quote from: derspiess on August 05, 2013, 11:20:48 AM

:o

Better go get that checked out!

I know.  She's half-Argentine, for crying out loud :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

"It's half pony dear"
is it made out of Twilight Sparkle?

"Yes"
*CHOMP*
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Eh it is hard for little kids to chew beef.  I wouldn't worry too much.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Ed Anger

Ed Anger child rearing Pro Tip: try Sloppy Joe's for the reluctant beef eater. And not that canned manwich shit either.

Ideologue

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on August 05, 2013, 12:18:21 AM
Take that, my vegan ex-girlfriend!

Take what?  That's silly.  The advent of artificial meat is the best news a vegetarian could ever receive.  Except two chicks at one time.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 05, 2013, 12:13:43 PM
Ed Anger child rearing Pro Tip: try Sloppy Joe's for the reluctant beef eater. And not that canned manwich shit either.

I've never done Sloppy Joes for them, but I've been meaning to.  My brothers didn't like them so much when we were kids, but I sure did.

garbon

Ugh I hated those. I never wanted foods that were messy (or anything messy period). :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on August 05, 2013, 01:53:40 PM

Ugh I hated those. I never wanted foods that were messy (or anything messy period). :blush:

Not a soccer fan I suppose.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon