File this in the CdM Rage Department *graphic warning*

Started by MadImmortalMan, August 02, 2013, 04:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

And she bragged about it on Facebook.

:wacko:

Facebook Brag Leads To Arrest In Dog Burning Case
July 25, 2013 1:08 PM

ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - St. Louis' Mayor Slay Animal Cruelty Task Force has made a felony arrest in an animal cruelty case.

A dog Stray Rescue later named "Brownie" was found July 10, in the 4300 block of Cote Brilliante. He was chained and severely burned after being lit on fire.

Brownie was taken to Stray Rescue of St. Louis for emergency medial treatment, but later died from organ failure.

According to a Stray Rescue news release, members of the task force found the accused abuser, Adrienne Martin, when she posted about the incident on her Facebook page.

Martin, who has been charged with felony animal abuse, reportedly said on Facebook, "I'm on killa mode... kill dogs... today. I mean what I say and I say what I mean... all dogs don't go to heaven."

"This is one of the most disturbing abuse cases I have ever dealt with," said Stray Rescue Founder Randy Grim. "It has stricken our community to the core of our hearts, but I am inspired by how swiftly we have been able to respond to these awful cases. Brownie deserves justice."

St. Louis' Mayor Slay Animal Cruelty Task Force started in October 2012 and has investigated more than 100 cases, made more than 25 arrests and issued more than 300 animal control citations.

"This demonstrates again that we are serious about this," said Mayor Slay. "Our Animal Cruelty Task Force will continue to catch and arrest criminals who torture or hurt animals."

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Maybe a warning in the thread title Mimsy.  :(

MadImmortalMan

CountDeMoney

Phillip V

I would like to know more about the people who do this.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

grumbler

Quote from: 11B4V on August 02, 2013, 09:42:41 PM
That twat should be killed.

:yes:  Not for doing what she did, but for being the kind of person who would do what she did.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

This morning I read about a guy who was caught on camera blinding a cat. They just gave him 8 weeks.
Hope the laws are better over there and she gets a decade or two.
██████
██████
██████

DontSayBanana

Quote from: grumbler on August 03, 2013, 02:17:05 PM
:yes:  Not for doing what she did, but for being the kind of person who would do what she did.

Spot-on.
Experience bij!

Siege

What the fuck is wrong with you people?
This is a fucking dog. As long as it was her property, she can do whatever the fuck she wants with her fucking dog.
It is an animal, not a human being, please.

Now, I would agree with giving her some behavioral health help, since this woman clearly have issues, but jail time? Fuck no.
I am getting really disgusted by the way people see animals in western culture, like if they were fucking people.
Next, you cannot beat your horse for not plowing your field.

I guess this is the by-product of people moving away from the countryside into a urban environment. Animals are no longer to be slaughtered for consumption, or farm help for plowing the fields, or as in the case dogs help for working the cows, instead they are now pets.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Lettow77

All animals aren't created equal, siege. If this was pushing a metal spike through a cow's brain, i'd agree with you- she clearly has issues, but it's her property and just an animal. Dogs are companion animals, though- we are closer to them than almost anyone else, and they've given us over a thousand years of loyalty. Faithful service and tireless obedience deserves better treatment than that. The same goes for horses; a creature that has participated so much in our wars, labors and daily lives for so long is permanently off the menu as far as I am concerned.

Humanity has a special connection with some animals that accords them more consideration and dignity. What she did to this dog is a horrific insult to the history dogs and humans have together.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

MadImmortalMan

Dude, it's not like she butchered the dog for food. She chained it up and set it on fire for entertainment.

Josquius

Quote from: Siege on August 04, 2013, 10:41:16 AM
What the fuck is wrong with you people?
This is a fucking dog. As long as it was her property, she can do whatever the fuck she wants with her fucking dog.
It is an animal, not a human being, please.

Now, I would agree with giving her some behavioral health help, since this woman clearly have issues, but jail time? Fuck no.
I am getting really disgusted by the way people see animals in western culture, like if they were fucking people.
Next, you cannot beat your horse for not plowing your field.

I guess this is the by-product of people moving away from the countryside into a urban environment. Animals are no longer to be slaughtered for consumption, or farm help for plowing the fields, or as in the case dogs help for working the cows, instead they are now pets.

People also used to expose unwanted kids and bathe once a year.
Welcome to the 21st century- most of us have moved on a bit.
██████
██████
██████