News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Reading the newspaper on your computer?

Started by Valmy, July 30, 2013, 08:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Feel kinda bad for those old guys. Probably(?), didn't see where computing would go.

Also, I like the descriptor of "Owns Home Computer." :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

OttoVonBismarck

I liked that, it was like he was basically someone newsworthy because he owned a computer.  :lol:

CountDeMoney

lol, that old guy reminds me of my grandfather, he was so into computers before he died in 1984.  Would've loved seeing how things turned out.

The Brain

Nice.  :)

I wonder if the old dude's headstone reads Owned Home Computer.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

Little did these newspapers know, that what they were doing would cause the end of them.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

fhdz

I liked the one dude working at the newspaper who is hunched and squinting at his shitty monochrome monitor :D
and the horse you rode in on

Josquius

Interesting, such reports usually speak of printing out the paper.

I often think its sad in a way that technology has advanced so fast. It would have been interesting to see how the text based internet on 80s computers could have developed had the computer technology remained on a similar level.
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Quote from: Tyr on July 30, 2013, 01:43:22 PM

I often think its sad in a way that technology has advanced so fast. It would have been interesting to see how the text based internet on 80s computers could have developed had the computer technology remained on a similar level.

We'd all be playing Zork.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Why?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

fhdz

Quote from: Josephus on July 30, 2013, 05:14:38 PM

We'd all be playing Zork.

Or Nethack, or Dwarf Fortress.

Come to think of it I'd be okay with that.
and the horse you rode in on

Maximus

Dwarf Fortress wouldn't run on an 80s computer.

Brazen

My office hasn't evolved much past this.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 31, 2013, 08:17:42 AM
I miss CompuServe.

My first email address...actually it was a work address. Why they thought anyone would remember addresses that went something like: [email protected] is beyond me.