And we're back!

Main Menu

Eat a McDouble, you liberal pussies

Started by Ed Anger, July 29, 2013, 06:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: fhdz on July 30, 2013, 01:39:05 PM
Quote from: Jacob on July 30, 2013, 01:31:12 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 30, 2013, 12:56:18 PMThe point is that I don't think everything works on the same scale. I could see how in a place with fewer people that it might be easier to create a liberal paradise.

Is there any particular reason you think it wouldn't scale, or is it more of a handy excuse for not trying?

There are lots of other factors beside "fewer people", too. There's also the level of homogeneity in those areas (less racial tension seems like it would engender less economic disruption), the physical size and makeup of the area (if it's easier to get services to people, it's cheaper to provide them), and so on.

:yes:

Besides, J, all my posts in here are with regards to the myriad of problems that need to be addressed. I wasn't doing so with the notion of saying "so we shouldn't care" but to point out that it isn't just the result of being lazy or not wanting good food enough.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on July 30, 2013, 01:49:05 PM
Besides, J, all my posts in here are with regards to the myriad of problems that need to be addressed. I wasn't doing so with the notion of saying "so we shouldn't care" but to point out that it isn't just the result of being lazy or not wanting good food enough.

Very good then :cheers:

lustindarkness

I have not had a double cheeseburger in a while, I believe I need to correct that deficiency soon.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

garbon

Quote from: lustindarkness on July 30, 2013, 02:05:45 PM
I have not had a double cheeseburger in a while, I believe I need to correct that deficiency soon.

Isn't the McDouble like a smushed version of that?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on July 30, 2013, 02:09:27 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on July 30, 2013, 02:05:45 PM

Isn't the McDouble like a smushed version of that?

I thought the McDouble replaced it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

garbon

lustindarkness

I'll have the double cheeseburger, small fries and a coffee instead of the soda please, thank you.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

I love coffee, but not with a burger & fries  :x
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

Quote from: derspiess on July 30, 2013, 03:04:03 PM
I love coffee, but not with a burger & fries  :x

Normaly, me neither, but mid afternoon sleepy time right now. :(
Grand Duke of Lurkdom