San Diego Mayor Plans to Enter Therapy for Sexual Harassment

Started by Phillip V, July 26, 2013, 07:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you need therapy for sexually harassing women?

Yes.
No.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on July 26, 2013, 09:32:07 PM
I get my sexual harassment urges out by not having them in the first place. :mellow:

One would think that would be easy enough to accomplish, but hey.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Viking

Unlike sexting and cheating on your wife sexual harassment is illegal. The correct response is not treatment, it is a trial. Based on the content of the accusation (that he grabbed, fondled and forced his toung into a womans mouth) that is not sexual harassment that is sexual assault.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Caliga

Quote from: Viking on July 27, 2013, 02:55:20 AM
Unlike sexting and cheating on your wife sexual harassment is illegal. The correct response is not treatment, it is a trial. Based on the content of the accusation (that he grabbed, fondled and forced his toung into a womans mouth) that is not sexual harassment that is sexual assault.
Yeah, and he's retarded if he thinks he's fooling anyone with this 'therapy' thing.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Caliga on July 27, 2013, 07:27:37 AM
Yeah, and he's retarded if he thinks he's fooling anyone with this 'therapy' thing.
The Church got away with it for decades.
PDH!

Caliga

For some reason, people give the Church a lot more rope with which to hang itself tho. :sleep:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 27, 2013, 07:36:51 AM
The Church got away with it for decades.

That wasn't therapy.  That was aiding and abetting.

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 27, 2013, 12:01:33 AM
Quote from: katmai on July 26, 2013, 09:14:24 PM
I don't like guys.

It's not about love, katmai, it's about power.  Did he touch you in your No Spots?   Show us on the doll.  It's OK.

Freddy Mercury and Princess Leia?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

Quote from: derspiess on July 26, 2013, 09:28:21 PM
Hilarious.  I get my sexual harrassing urges out of my system at home by harrassing my wife all the time.  She doesn't seem to mind.

:D

MadImmortalMan

He's obviously staging for his Wiener-style comeback. Why must these people be so hell-bent on making politics a career? Hopefully that Todd Akin or Aker or whatever his name is will have the common decency to never make us see him back in the spotlight.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

In Weiner's case I get it, because the guy is not qualified to do anything else.  Filner was a college professor before he got into politics IIRC, which probably puts him in just as bad a position since a college won't hire a known sexual harasser.

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on July 29, 2013, 12:08:52 PM
In Weiner's case I get it, because the guy is not qualified to do anything else.  Filner was a college professor before he got into politics IIRC, which probably puts him in just as bad a position since a college won't hire a known sexual harasser.

I suspect Weiner just wants to spend all that campaign cash he built up.  You're right that he's not qualified to do much else, but there is still money to be made with his "political consulting" gig.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Phillip V

IIRC, Weiner earned ~$1 million in the year or two after he resigned doing political consulting/lobbying.