News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Royal Baby Thread

Started by mongers, July 23, 2013, 07:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

Thank you one.org.

The whole world is abuzz with news of the royal baby (yup, that means the ONE offices, too).

And we're all happy that the big day resulted in a safe delivery, a healthy baby, and happy (but tired) parents. But this isn't always the case. The majority of health facilities in sub-Saharan Africa don't have reliable electricity and 30% are without any access at all.

Can you imagine if you, a friend, or a family member had to give birth in the dark?

Last week we sent more than 35,000 messages asking Congress to support the Electrify Africa Act that would provide electricity to 50 million Africans - and lots of moms - for the very first time (check out our message below). This week, let's send thousands more.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Where was it i heard that the Home Secretary used to hang out in the birthing room, to guarantee the issue?  Was that here?

citizen k

Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2013, 01:27:37 PM
Will the Royal Baby Stroller: cost as much as Malthus's stroller? :)

No, it only cost around a thousand.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

PRC

Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2013, 12:46:07 PM
Prince George. :cool:

Also the name of a shithole town in Northern BC.  Colloquially referred to as "The PIG".

garbon

That LGBT hashtag annoys me. Me fucking with men has little to do with that nonsense. :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

On a different note, I read an article this morning about how people attacked the first gay pride in montenegro. Yahoo commenters said that perhaps the gay people could stay safe if they weren't flaunting themselves about and also that there are people who have legitimate grievances with homosexuality so gay people are learning their lesson. :mellow:

I wondered if their legitimate grievances involved being forced to participate in homosexual acts.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on July 24, 2013, 05:51:10 PM
That LGBT hashtag annoys me. Me fucking with men has little to do with that nonsense. :angry:

The "B" is silly.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 24, 2013, 02:29:35 PM
Where was it i heard that the Home Secretary used to hang out in the birthing room, to guarantee the issue?  Was that here?
It was normally an adjoining room with open doors. Happened when Victoria gave birth, half the cabinet were there. I think the Hone Secretary still can. Theresa May chose not to attend.
Let's bomb Russia!

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on July 24, 2013, 05:51:10 PM

LGBTIQQAA2!!11  You exclusionist bastard!!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tonitrus

What if the royal baby decides to go the "King The Brain" route?