News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Save the Movie!

Started by jimmy olsen, July 20, 2013, 09:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

Quotethe moment of hopelessness and disarray a half-hour before the movie ends (Olympus Has Fallen, Oblivion, 21 Jump Street, Fast & Furious 6).
:ultra:
I hate the 3/4 way through 'all the good stuff  we've spent the movie accomplishing falls apart' lull.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on July 21, 2013, 09:40:03 PM
Quotethe moment of hopelessness and disarray a half-hour before the movie ends (Olympus Has Fallen, Oblivion, 21 Jump Street, Fast & Furious 6).
:ultra:
I hate the 3/4 way through 'all the good stuff  we've spent the movie accomplishing falls apart' lull.

Well, of course. That's how we know the hero learned something.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

Quote from: Syt on July 20, 2013, 09:20:36 AM
Seriously, storytelling makes use of well known tropes, situations, story arcs and character archetypes. The variety comes from what Vulcans would call "infinite diversity in infinite combinations". Do some tropes and pieces occasionally become overused? Sure. Until a new trend comes around.
it probably doesn't help that people attend classes that will teach them how to write scenarios, and format them into some mold.  Using one proven technique for accounting is good, but for arts, it doesn't seem to get the best results.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

lustindarkness

What is it with all the alarmist death of the blockbuster movie industry? Every time we have a few big flops in a row, these articles get worst. The market will self regulate, the bubble will pop, Hollywood will lose a few billion dollars, maybe a studio or two will disappear,  and the industry will adapt and we'll go back to smaller budget movies.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom