News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Grade Obama

Started by Kleves, July 19, 2013, 07:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What grade would you give Obama's presidency so far?

A
3 (5.5%)
B
10 (18.2%)
C
29 (52.7%)
D
10 (18.2%)
F
3 (5.5%)
J(aron)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Siege

That's better now. A Metallica quote from the Reload.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Kleves on July 19, 2013, 05:57:09 PM
I was actually surpised about how poorly Obama is doing. After all, over 2/3 of the forum apparently consider him to be mediocre at best.

Just like the retards in class, Congress blows the overall grading curve.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Siege

Admiral Yi

Seeb, a long time ago you expressed the desire to become smarter.  A good way to start would be to ditch your Old Testament tribal thinking about partisan politics.

Siege

Siege

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Siege

Razgovory

Where do you find this shit?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: merithyn on July 19, 2013, 03:03:48 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on July 19, 2013, 03:02:27 PM
Question: how do they know I smoke if I don't tell them?

They don't. But if you lie, you'll end up having to back-pay the difference.

I know people that have never been caught smoking by their plan for 20+ years and consistently lied. I have a relative who decided to go into professional music, I think he's like an adjunct professor at some small state college right now. But his gig isn't tenured or even full time, so he has no insurance. He was asking on facebook the other day when he gets his health insurance through Obamacare, I posted with information about how in Virginia he can expect his insurance plan through the exchange is going to be in the $120-200 range. He was shocked, being a lefty type I guess he thought Obamacare = free health insurance. It doesn't, and he will still be out of the expanded Medicaid criteria.

He's basically the classical 20-something kid who isn't making much, but isn't truly poor, and just didn't want to buy health insurance. He thought Obamacare was going to give him health insurance without costing him more than a couple cases of beer a month. I also pointed him to Kaiser's home page. Which by the way, even pre-Obamacare offered a good HMO style plan (not High Deductible) that only would cost a guy like him around $140/mo. So he's always had the option to get healthcare in that range, he just never knew it, and wouldn't have bought it if he had known.

The people I can see the exchanges really helping are definitely not him, but people who are older, have families (family plans on the individual market are of obscene expense), and have pre-existing medical conditions. People who don't meet the expanded Medicaid definitions, are young and healthy, they can already get insurance about as cheap as the exchanges are going to offer it.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on July 20, 2013, 07:33:03 AM
The people I can see the exchanges really helping are definitely not him, but people who are older, have families (family plans on the individual market are of obscene expense), and have pre-existing medical conditions.

And the under/unemployed, who need the option the most.   But it's easy to forget those people.

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 20, 2013, 07:56:17 AM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on July 20, 2013, 07:33:03 AM
The people I can see the exchanges really helping are definitely not him, but people who are older, have families (family plans on the individual market are of obscene expense), and have pre-existing medical conditions.

And the under/unemployed, who need the option the most.   But it's easy to forget those people.

McDonalds is always hiring.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on July 20, 2013, 08:14:48 AM
McDonalds is always hiring.

Not everybody possesses the skills sets to work in such a fun, fast-paced and rewarding environment.