News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Grade Obama

Started by Kleves, July 19, 2013, 07:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What grade would you give Obama's presidency so far?

A
3 (5.5%)
B
10 (18.2%)
C
29 (52.7%)
D
10 (18.2%)
F
3 (5.5%)
J(aron)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Kleves

What grade would you give Obama for his performance thus far?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Caliga

I would say somewhere between a B and a C.  B-?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

He gets a F for not doing what I wanted him to do  :glare:

But I guess overall he gets a C.  His inability to work with Congress renders him pretty inneffective.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

A for the bombing brown people class

C for everything else.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

C, but that is an upgrade from a D because I figure he has an exceptionally difficult job because the Republicans are being such complete and utter douchebags. On the other hand, he has completely and utterly failed to handle them being complete and utter douchebags.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on July 19, 2013, 08:14:22 AM
C, but that is an upgrade from a D because I figure he has an exceptionally difficult job because the Republicans are being such complete and utter douchebags. On the other hand, he has completely and utterly failed to handle them being complete and utter douchebags.
This. +1

Ed Anger

I'd like to poke out the eyes of people who post 'this'.

Nothing against you DG, just a pet peeve of mine. And I feel better now getting that off my chest.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 19, 2013, 08:17:54 AM
I'd like to poke out the eyes of people who post 'this'.

Nothing against you DG, just a pet peeve of mine. And I feel better now getting that off my chest.

This.

Ed Anger

:lol:

I saw what you did DG.  :lol:

Sheilbh

I think B overall. Generally solid on security and foreign policy. In Obamacare a more substantial domestic achievement than any President since LBJ. He also deserves credit for a set of policies from the election on that helped stop an awful recession from turning into a depression (Bush and McCain also deserve credit) and gave the US the strongest recovery in the developed world.

I think had immigration reform and, say, gun control passed he'd be pushing to an A.

I sort-of shared Andrew Sullivan's hope that a younger charismatic President would sort of move everything beyond the boomer culture wars. Actually it looks like they've just infected everything in American politics, which is a shame. But I think culturally or socially he'll be significant to and, in my view, his contribution's positive: a President supporting gay marriage and mentioning gays in his inauguration, a black President and a black first family.
Let's bomb Russia!

Scipio

B for international trade agreements and state health insurance exchanges; C for foreign policy; D for ramping up drug war and border enforcement.  I'm on the fence re: Medicaid expansion, since at this point even I'd prefer single-payer.  A for gun control failure and his amazing ablative shielding in the cabinet departments.  Eric Holder is the sweetest meatshield of all time.

I'll say this: he's a better president than Mississippi's governor is a governor, but that's a low fucking bar.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

garbon

Sheilbh is so...generous.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

JacobL

C- to D+ range but since others overgrade him I decided to undergrade him for the sake of balance and a better looking poll result.

Habbaku

Quote from: garbon on July 19, 2013, 08:49:12 AM
Sheilbh is so...generous.

No kidding.  Probably gives Bush a B+.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien