New Pew Poll: China will be teh bestest, Yanqui Peegdogs are yesterday's news

Started by CountDeMoney, July 18, 2013, 07:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on July 19, 2013, 11:41:00 AM
Quote from: fhdz on July 19, 2013, 11:31:19 AM
I for one welcome our new Chinese, Indian, and Brazilian overlords.
Here BRIC, you handle the Muddle East.
It's not like it'd be that difficult for them.  They could just not support Israel, and eventually the problem goes away.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 19, 2013, 07:44:09 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 19, 2013, 07:27:52 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 19, 2013, 06:23:56 AM
Might have something to do with being surrounded by so many countries with Chinese-manufactured weaponry.
Which they, the Israelis, provided. 

Let's not get too silly: I don't think the Israelis have provided Hezbollah with Silkworms, the Syrians with HJ anti-tank missiles, or the entire neighborhood with Chicom AK ripoffs.

I assume Wags was saying that the Israelis gave our tech to Chinese who then used it to arm Israel's neighbors. Maybe? :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on July 19, 2013, 01:35:48 PM
I assume Wags was saying that the Israelis gave our tech to Chinese who then used it to arm Israel's neighbors. Maybe? :D

The US technology they've allegedly acquired from the Israelis do not involve the systems I have mentioned, nor would it be the kind of technology the Chinese would be interested in exporting.  A little too high end for clients at this point.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on July 19, 2013, 11:53:23 AM
It's not like it'd be that difficult for them.  They could just not support Israel, and eventually the problem goes away.
I don't think they'd be too happy when Israel turns all their client states into radioactive rubble.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 19, 2013, 06:25:15 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 19, 2013, 11:53:23 AM
I don't think they'd be too happy when Israel turns all their client states into radioactive rubble.
Why not?  Chinese companies win rebuilding contracts, and the Arabs are happy because Israel ceases to exist as a meaningful entity.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Kleves

Hell, if the Chinese ever did something like invade Iraq, they'd just kill all the Iraqis and recolonize the place.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Zanza

QuoteNotably, the only country surveyed where positive views of the U.S. government's record on personal freedoms had declined was the United States.
:yeahright:

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on July 20, 2013, 10:19:27 AM
QuoteNotably, the only country surveyed where positive views of the U.S. government's record on personal freedoms had declined was the United States.

Did you read the sentence before that one? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: Kleves on July 19, 2013, 08:20:37 PM
Hell, if the Chinese ever did something like invade Iraq, they'd just kill all the Iraqis and recolonize the place.

I don't think there is any basis for this claim.

I mean, I'm sure that any theoretical Chinese invasion of a Middle Eastern country would be a giant clusterfuck, and that it would be less restrained by ethics than American adventures - but massive recolonization is beyond their capability on a practical level, before we even start the conversation on why they'd want to do it.

I expect any theoretical Chinese foreign adventurism would be closer to Soviet actions (or, hell, Chinese actions in Vietnam and Korea).

Zanza

Quote from: garbon on July 20, 2013, 11:24:02 AM

Yes. Anyway, I just looked it up and apparently the countries they compared you to were China, Iran and Saudi Arabia. In that enlightened bunch, I would also say that the US government does a stellar job in upholding the personal freedoms of its citizens.  :)

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on July 20, 2013, 11:56:40 AM

Yes. Anyway, I just looked it up and apparently the countries they compared you to were China, Iran and Saudi Arabia. In that enlightened bunch, I would also say that the US government does a stellar job in upholding the personal freedoms of its citizens.  :)

Americans don't think so. ;)

fhdz

Quote from: garbon on July 20, 2013, 12:08:29 PM

We have a higher standard.
and the horse you rode in on

garbon

Quote from: fhdz on July 20, 2013, 12:31:23 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 20, 2013, 12:08:29 PM

We have a higher standard.

:cheers:

KRonn

I think that Americans realize the nation has a strong record on civil/individual rights. My assumption is that since or even prior to Bush 2 the government spying and data mining up to present day are being seen much more negatively. That's probably what makes Americans think they have less personal freedom.