What would you do with $92,233,720,368,547,800?

Started by jimmy olsen, July 18, 2013, 12:52:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

I'd hire Space X to put men on Mars and the moons of Jupiter and Saturn! :w00t:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23352230

Quote17 July 2013 Last updated at 21:37 GMT

PayPal 'credits' US man $92 quadrillion in error
eBay/PayPal offices in San Jose, California 19 January 2011

Online payments broker PayPal has admitted it erroneously credited a man with $92 quadrillion (£60 quadrillion).

Chris Reynolds, 56, of Pennsylvania, found the amount when he opened his monthly statement.

But the error was quickly recognised and his account had returned to zero by the time he had logged in.

"This was obviously an error and we appreciate that Mr Reynolds understands this was the case," PayPal said in a statement to the BBC.

The online money-transfer firm said it would offer to make a donation to a charity of Mr Reynolds' choice.

The $92,233,720,368,547,800 statement had been "quite a big surprise", Mr Reynolds told the Philadelphia Daily News, which first reported the story.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

I would put much of it into medical research. And pay off the national debt. And buy myself lots of mistresses. And property. And toys. And leave my 50 children a quadrillion dollars each.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

That's like more money then there is in the entire world.  I'd probably do crazy things like the buy the world's supply of Rhodium and drop into Challenger's Deep or hire an army of millions of South American clown-soldiers and wage war on Japan.  I suppose I could spare some money to put Tim on Mars.  Course he'd have to hitch hike his way back.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on July 18, 2013, 01:10:47 AM
That's like more money then there is in the entire world.  I'd probably do crazy things like the buy the world's supply of Rhodium and drop into Challenger's Deep or hire an army of millions of South American clown-soldiers and wage war on Japan.  I suppose I could spare some money to put Tim on Mars.  Course he'd have to hitch hike his way back.
Why? :unsure:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 18, 2013, 12:52:07 AM
The online money-transfer firm said it would offer to make a donation to a charity of Mr Reynolds' choice.

Yeah.  The Mr. Reynolds Foundation.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Gups

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

frunk

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 18, 2013, 06:40:20 AM
4 chicks at one time.

Even if each chick was twice as expensive as the last you should be able to afford 37.  Think big.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

You people make me sick.  I would've done an honest thing and returned the money for a 10% finder's fee.

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on July 18, 2013, 01:10:47 AM
Course he'd have to hitch hike his way back.
Tim:  Don't ask Ted Kennedy for a ride. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Maximus

Let's say you decided to keep it and were successful, however unlikely that may be. What would be the likely long and short term effects on the economy?