South Africa gangs using rape to 'cure' lesbians

Started by jimmy olsen, March 13, 2009, 09:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: derspiess on March 13, 2009, 09:58:23 PM
Good thing it isn't happening in the US-- otherwise it would incur Marty's wrath.
Only that it is. There was a case recently in the US of a lesbian being gang raped exactly because she was a lesbian.

Quote4 Arrested in Calif. Lesbian's 'Extreme' Gang Rape

RICHMOND, Calif.  —  Two men and two teens have been arrested on suspicion of gang-raping a woman last month in the San Francisco Bay area while allegedly taunting her for being a lesbian, police said Thursday.

Officers arrested Humberto Hernandez Salvador at his Richmond home Wednesday night, Richmond police Lt. Mark Gagan said. The 31-year-old is being held without bail on gang rape, kidnapping and carjacking charges.

Police on Wednesday also arrested a 15-year-old Richmond boy and a 16-year-old Hercules boy, who were being held at a juvenile detention center on similar charges. Their names were not released.

Josue Gonzalez, 21, turned himself in Thursday after police announced they were searching for him. He was wanted on charges of gang rape, kidnapping and carjacking.

Gagan said Gonzalez asked for an attorney when he turned himself in but said nothing about his alleged role in the attack.

"We feel that while these four suspects were at large, a large cross-section of our population felt unsafe," Gagan said. "Now that the fourth one is behind bars, we can all breathe a sigh of relief."

Police would not detail each person's alleged involvement. Tips from local residents led to the arrests.

Detectives say the 28-year-old victim was attacked on Dec. 13 after she got out of her car, which bore a rainbow gay pride sticker. The alleged attackers made comments indicating they knew she was a lesbian, police said.

Authorities have characterized the case as a hate crime. Police said the victim lives openly with a female partner.

The 45-minute attack started when one of the men approached the woman in the street, struck her with a blunt object, ordered her to disrobe and sexually assaulted her with the help of the others, according to detectives.

When the group saw another person approaching, they forced the victim back into her car and took her to a burned-out apartment building. She was raped again inside and outside the vehicle and left naked outside the building while the alleged assailants took her wallet and drove off in her car, police said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,474877,00.html

But assuming for a moment that your attack on me wasn't an epic fail, I still don't get it. Why wouldn't the story posted by Tim incur my wrath only because it is happening in South Africa? I am usually the first to post horrible stories from third world - whether it is the one about gay Iranian boys being hanged, or a public execution of a GLBT person in Iraq - but I usually get taunted for it. Not to mention, the shitty human rights conditions in these countries are sadly, a norm, and thus it is not possible to report them all - obviously if something like this happens in a first world country it's another story.

The Brain

Mart, we can't nuke every single country.

Or can we? :-\
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Rape is to Africa what leeches are to Europe.
██████
██████
██████

DisturbedPervert

South Africa has one of the world's most progressive constitutions and became the first country in Africa to allow gay marriage in 2006

Oh, that will change soon enough.  Just wait until Jacob Zuma, rapist, fag hater, HIV denier, and next in line in the ANC, assumes the presidency.

Quotesame-sex marriages were "a disgrace to the nation and to God" and "When I was growing up, an ungqingili (a homosexual) would not have stood in front of me. I would knock him out."

I Killed Kenny

Slargos

Quote from: Queequeg on March 13, 2009, 11:27:56 PM
Cure people of their fear of penises and love of vaginas by traumatizing them for life with the traumatic, violent insertion of a penis?

What the fuck are these people, fucking retarded in addition to evil?

I was about to say "niggers" but for some reason it is not politically correct to call a spade a spade.  ::)

Neil

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on March 14, 2009, 10:37:26 AM
Oh, that will change soon enough.  Just wait until Jacob Zuma, rapist, fag hater, HIV denier, and next in line in the ANC, assumes the presidency.

Quotesame-sex marriages were "a disgrace to the nation and to God" and "When I was growing up, an ungqingili (a homosexual) would not have stood in front of me. I would knock him out."
He's still less evil than Martinus.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Lucidor

Quote from: I Killed Kenny on March 14, 2009, 11:16:51 AM
HOTT
No, Kenny, that's NOT the correct way to say you agree nuclear fire is the only cure.

Grallon

Tim you spend an inordinate amount of your time surfing sordid waters - you should get laid.

As for this...  arabs and africans - same combat.

G.

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Slargos

Quote from: Grallon on March 14, 2009, 01:05:14 PM
Tim you spend an inordinate amount of your time surfing sordid waters - you should get laid.

G.

Keep the faith, brother.  8)

Grallon

Quote from: Slargos on March 14, 2009, 01:13:01 PM

G.

I'm taking about anachronistic cultural hangups Slargos - not about 'racial' inferiority. 

-----

Although... in all honesty, this could still and still do happen in our societies so I should have resisted the temptation to be flippant about it.  It's just that this sort of things seem to happen way more regularly 'over there' than it does here.  On the other hand this could simply mean there's not much difference between 'them' and 'us' - only one of degree.

Ye gods we are indeed cursed ! *miss the pope icon*

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grallon

~Jean-François Revel

Slargos

Quote from: Grallon on March 14, 2009, 01:22:38 PM
Quote from: Slargos on March 14, 2009, 01:13:01 PM

G.

I'm taking about anachronistic cultural hangups Slargos - not about 'racial' inferiority. 

-----

Although... in all honesty, this could still and still do happen in our societies so I should have resisted the temptation to be flippant about it.  It's just that this sort of things seem to happen way more regularly 'over there' than it does here.  On the other hand this could simply means there's not much difference between 'them' and 'us' - only one of degree.

Ye gods we are indeed cursed ! *miss the pope icon*

G.

I know you do.

Nature vs Nurture.  :-X

I tentatively agree, even if I'm not entirely convinced, that you are correct.

Neil