News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Facial hair] Goodbye, old friend.

Started by The Larch, May 28, 2009, 08:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Paying homage to Camper, a facial hair thread.  :P

So, yesterday night, and fulfilling a bet made over way too many beers, I shaved my goatee, which I had been sporting since I was 15. I look mightily strange, and people I know are located mainly in the "who is this guy and what did you do to the one we knew", since almost all of them have always known me with a beard. Other people tell me I look much better and younger, which puzzles me a lot.

At first I thought of letting it grow again right away, but now I just don't know what to do. I'll give it a test run and see how I feel about being beardless.

Anyone has had any experience with this kind of image changes? Tips? Advice?

Caliga

Yeah, I shaved off my goatee (which I started growing when I was 17) around Christmastime and it also made me look like a little kid.  I grew it back ASAP.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

I have to shave mine off because of all the grey.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 28, 2009, 08:07:31 AM

:huh: What's wrong with a grey goatee?  I mean, Drew Peterson has one  :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on May 28, 2009, 08:09:39 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 28, 2009, 08:07:31 AM

:huh: What's wrong with a grey goatee?  I mean, Drew Peterson has one  :)

Because it makes me look 50.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DisturbedPervert

I hate facial hair.  I wish it'd just go away.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Brazen

Judging by your manly hirsuteness, Larchy, you can probably squeeze out a new beard by the end of the day :P

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Norgy

PDH

I have (mostly) had a beard since about 18.  I shaved it off from time to time, recently I have had the goatee-thingy (discussed on languish).  It is turning a bit grey now, but that is alright - fuck the people who think I look 50.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

DGuller

Once I let my facial hair grow.  After a couple of weeks, it looked like I needed a shave.

Grey Fox

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Grey Fox