How long should Dzhokhar Tsarnaev get behind bars?

Started by merithyn, July 10, 2013, 02:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assuming he's found guilty *coughs*, how long should Dzhokhar Tsarnaev get?

American - Death penalty
American - Life w/o parole
American - Life with possibility of parole
American - > 30 years, but not life
American - < 30 years
ROTW - Death penalty
ROTW - Life w/o parole
ROTW - Life with possibility of parole
ROTW - > 30 years, but not life
ROTW - < 30 years
Other - Share with the class, please

Darth Wagtaros

The prosecutor and the Governor will be torn apart if they accept a plea bargain.  At least if it goes to trial they can blame him getting a lesser sentence on Cambridgeon liberals.
PDH!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 10, 2013, 03:28:38 PM
Torn apart by the Boston mob.

I changed my mind. Him and Tom Brady strapped together and then dropped from 200000 feet. With one of those parachutes filled with silverware.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

The only sensible solution is that he be hanged by the neck until dead.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Guilty on all 30 counts

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/04/08/dzhokhar_tsarnaev_guilty_death_penalty_phase_next.html

QuoteDzhokhar Tsarnaev Guilty on All Counts; Jury Will Now Consider Death Penalty

By Ben Mathis-Lilley

After 11 hours of deliberations, a Massachusetts jury has found Dzhokhar Tsarnaev guilty on all 30 of the 30 federal charges against him relating to the bombing of the 2013 Boston Marathon, including all 17 counts that carry the death penalty. The same jury will now decide whether Tsarnaev should be executed after hearing testimony in a new trial phase that is likely to begin next week.

Tsarnaev's attorneys admitted immediately during the trial that he had helped carry out the marathon bombing, which killed three people. But the defense argued that Dzhokhar's brother, Tamerlan (who was killed while attempting, along with Dzhokhar, to evade capture), was more responsible for planning and carrying out their crimes, which seem to have been motivated by Islamic jihadi ideology.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev will also be prosecuted in state court for the murder of MIT police officer Sean Collier three days after the bombing.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

KRonn

Nice, good to hear, well deserved. No surprise as the defense conceded that he was part of the attack. They were trying to avoid the death penalty by trying to say the older brother was the manipulator, but with the guilty on all 30 charges I assume that defense didn't fly very well with the jury. So maybe it also gives more impetus to the jury going with the DP.

grumbler

I'm fairly confident that he will get the death penalty.  He has never shown remorse or any indication that he feels he did wrong, and he did, after all, help kill a cop and, on his own, killed his brother.

I'd love for it to turn out that killing his brother was the straw that broke the camel's back and resulted in the DP.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Norgy

As much as I am against the death penalty in principle, there's hardly doubt about guilt or complicity in this case.

Hang him high.
I wish you could do that with Behring Breivik too.

Ed Anger

Lock him in a SuperMax. ADX Florence is the place for him. He can spend 23 hours a day in his cell trying get his hair all poofy.

Martinus

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 09, 2015, 08:26:59 AM
Lock him in a SuperMax. ADX Florence is the place for him. He can spend 23 hours a day in his cell trying get his hair all poofy.

English, motherfucker, do you speak it?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Martinus on April 09, 2015, 08:28:35 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 09, 2015, 08:26:59 AM

English, motherfucker, do you speak it?

Take the toejam out of your eyes.

Martinus

Ok, explain to me what you said in the post I originally quoted. I didn't understand a word of it. :P

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi