What would you do with $92,233,720,368,547,800?

Started by jimmy olsen, July 18, 2013, 12:52:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Max: you could buy any work of art, any vacation mansion, any luxury yacht, any private plane, anything at all, for the equivalent of a penny.  Where's the line between enjoyment and acquisition?

MadImmortalMan

The best plan would obviously be to spend it slowly. Maybe build yourself a Bond villain base in a volcano or something.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Barrister

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 18, 2013, 03:32:23 PM
The best plan would obviously be to spend it slowly. Maybe build yourself a Bond villain base in a volcano or something.

Except that all of the real-life examples of people earning seemingly huge sums of money tends to show that expenses rises to meet income incredibly quickly.  Think of, oh, every pro athlete ever.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Barrister on July 18, 2013, 03:34:27 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 18, 2013, 03:32:23 PM

Except that all of the real-life examples of people earning seemingly huge sums of money tends to show that expenses rises to meet income incredibly quickly.  Think of, oh, every pro athlete ever.
It's impossible in this case. I bet most people here would have difficulty spending a $100 billion a year, which would be a drop in the bucket.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

Well then I'd burn most of it and keep only enough to make me the second-richest guy on the planet.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive