Yes
7 (17.1%)
No
33 (80.5%)
I've taken bribes
1 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 40

PRC

Paid several... one in Mexico, a few in Indonesia and a few in Malaysia and Thailand.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Nope.  Never paid one and never taken one in any profession where it would be illegal.

jimmy olsen

Nope. Never have, not even in the Philippines.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Closest I've come is buying a drink for the karaoke DJ so I don't have to wait as long to sing.

To those who have, I imagine the recipient makes it pretty clear he wants a bribe?  I ask because last time I was in Jamaica I was sitting on the beach at night with a Dutch guy who lights up a splif.  Copper materializes out of thin air, Dutchman chucks the splif in the sand.  I start schmoozing and brown nosing the copper when this other dimbulb I'm sitting with blurts out "if there's a fine we could pay it now, to you."

:bleeding:

I gotta figure that's not the way it's done.

Copper liked my brown nosing and let Dutchy go with a warning to smoke in the hotel, ,not on the beach.

Josquius

Why no data for so many western countries? :hmm:

I'm quite afraid of corruption and bribery. Mostly because I hate spending money. But also because I doubt I'd be very good at picking up on the signals that its what I have to do.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on July 09, 2013, 07:05:13 PM
I imagine they're less of a priority for Transparency International.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 09, 2013, 07:02:38 PM
when this other dimbulb I'm sitting with blurts out "if there's a fine we could pay it now, to you."

:lol:

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 09, 2013, 07:08:11 PM
Quote from: Tyr on July 09, 2013, 07:05:13 PM
I imagine they're less of a priority for Transparency International.

Whereas those shifty Canadians...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

fhdz

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 09, 2013, 07:02:38 PM
To those who have, I imagine the recipient makes it pretty clear he wants a bribe?  I ask because last time I was in Jamaica I was sitting on the beach at night with a Dutch guy who lights up a splif.  Copper materializes out of thin air, Dutchman chucks the splif in the sand.  I start schmoozing and brown nosing the copper when this other dimbulb I'm sitting with blurts out "if there's a fine we could pay it now, to you."

:lmfao: SMOOTH MOVE MAGOO
and the horse you rode in on

Iormlund

Razgovory

Nope. It's just very uncommon here in the US.   Odd that they didn't have any data on the US, UK, France, Russia or China.  I'm under the impression that bribery is extremely common in Russia, fairly common in China and not unheard of in France.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Pedrito

It's incredible that after 27 posts Italy isn't even nominated :yeah:

Bribes as a way to ease one's everyday work, it never happened to me; in middle east countries for Holiday, yes every time I go there.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Syt

Austria needs to be light orange, I think.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.