News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

"Why I Stayed"

Started by grumbler, July 08, 2013, 11:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on July 10, 2013, 03:02:25 PM
We're broke, man.  Something's gotta give.

So it's even more broke people?  There's only so much you can squeeze out anymore.  :lol:

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on July 10, 2013, 03:01:13 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 10, 2013, 02:53:21 PM
Yeah, that's your heart breaking over it, alright.

Don't you dare imply that derspiess is short on empathy :angry:

Well actually, they're broke. :contract:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 10, 2013, 03:04:07 PM

So it's even more broke people?  There's only so much you can squeeze out anymore.  :lol:

Well actually those broke people don't have the funds anyone (nor are they prime contributors to the funds), so it isn't really squeezed out of them.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on July 10, 2013, 03:05:26 PM
Well actually those broke people don't have the funds anyone (nor are they prime contributors to the funds), so it isn't really squeezed out of them.

I'm sure they'll be relieved to hear that.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 10, 2013, 03:08:23 PM

Should that be a concern?

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on July 10, 2013, 03:02:25 PMWe're broke, man.  Something's gotta give.

And, as usual, it's the most vulnerable in society who have to give the most.

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on July 10, 2013, 03:13:48 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 10, 2013, 03:02:25 PMWe're broke, man.  Something's gotta give.

What do you want me to give, then?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on July 10, 2013, 03:09:35 PM

:huh:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on July 10, 2013, 03:14:59 PM

A damn, maybe?

Last I heard, they're free.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 10, 2013, 03:19:17 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 10, 2013, 03:14:59 PM

A damn, maybe?

Last I heard, they're free.

Sorry.  Ask me tomorrow morning if I can give a shit and you may be in luck.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on July 10, 2013, 03:14:59 PMWhat do you want me to give, then?

A good start would be to give it some attention and treating it as a problem worth addressing to begin with. After that, giving support and attention to people who are working to solve the problems would be useful that.

If you'd then give support to moving helping the poor away from the bottom of the funding priority list, that would be solid too.

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on July 10, 2013, 03:23:10 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 10, 2013, 03:14:59 PMWhat do you want me to give, then?

A good start would be to give it some attention and treating it as a problem worth addressing to begin with. After that, giving support and attention to people who are working to solve the problems would be useful that.

If you'd then give support to moving helping the poor away from the bottom of the funding priority list, that would be solid too.

Or how about I just donate to the poor through charitable donations?  Like I do now.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 10, 2013, 03:19:06 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 10, 2013, 03:09:35 PM

:huh:

I don't really think a driving concern should be whether or not those receiving assistance feel they are getting enough. I doubt there is anyone from the poorest of individuals to the wealthiest individuals who would ever say "you're giving me too much money."

That said, yes I agree that it is rather silly to suggest that if the government is spending too much, then we should make spending cuts targeting the poorest members.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on July 10, 2013, 03:28:39 PM
That said, yes I agree that it is rather silly to suggest that if the government is spending too much, then we should make spending cuts targeting the poorest members.

Don't we have a childhood obesity problem?