News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Syrians blow up Crac des Chevaliers

Started by Valmy, July 21, 2013, 02:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Still not that clear cut.  I suspect one's opinion on Hezbollah's status as a terrorist organization tracks fairly closely to one's opinion as to the legitimacy of Israel.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Neil on July 22, 2013, 02:12:11 PM
I suspect one's opinion on Hezbollah's status as a terrorist organization tracks fairly closely to one's opinion as to the legitimacy of Islamic Republic of Iran.

Fixed.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

No, Neil had it right.  If you dislike Israel the tendency is to give Hezbollah and Hamas a pass.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 22, 2013, 06:21:21 PM
No, Neil had it right.  If you dislike Israel the tendency is to give Hezbollah and Hamas a pass.

No that is not so.  It is not so for the Lebanese Sunnis who are no friends of Israel but bitter opponents of Hizbollah.
Also not so for the Sunni militants fighting Hezbollah in Syria (but would be happy to turn their guns on Israel as well).
Also not so for the Saudis and Gulf States.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Viking

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 22, 2013, 06:56:45 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 22, 2013, 06:21:21 PM

No that is not so.  It is not so for the Lebanese Sunnis who are no friends of Israel but bitter opponents of Hizbollah.
Also not so for the Sunni militants fighting Hezbollah in Syria (but would be happy to turn their guns on Israel as well).
Also not so for the Saudis and Gulf States.

You got it the wrong way round, if you ONLY shoot at  :Joos then you get a pass. Hizbullah's armed wing only made the list because they blew up a bus in bulgaria, it happened to be full of :Joos at the time, but still, it was in bulgaria.

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.