And we're back!

Main Menu

Snobbiest cities in America

Started by katmai, July 03, 2013, 05:30:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 03, 2013, 10:46:41 AM
Quote from: The Brain on July 03, 2013, 10:37:15 AM
I saw the Swedish one a few days ago. Only used once.

What, is it Polish or something?  You can raise the blade again, you know.

The blade was raised. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

The polish one cuts off the feet.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 03, 2013, 11:04:38 AM
The polish one cuts off the feet.

How many Poles does it take to operate a guillotine?  4, to lift it up and then drop the frame.

garbon

Quote from: mongers on July 03, 2013, 05:41:16 AM
Garbon's residencies ?      :P

:blush:

Though, quite frankly, I don't know what Boston has to be snobby about.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 03, 2013, 11:46:35 AM
Hahvahd?

True, Harvard and MIT are probably the two highlights. Most people in Boston don't go to those schools though.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Actually I guess also the healthcare available there but then that's still nothing something an average Bostonian can really relate to.

Eddie Teach

Couldn't the proximity be a source of pride just like Rockefeller Center or Times Square to a New Yawker?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on July 03, 2013, 11:42:45 AM

Boston Brahmins.  Over on the Mayflower.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on July 03, 2013, 05:41:16 AM
Garbon's residencies ?      :P

:blush:

Where garbon treads, snobbery blossoms.

He's like Johnny Snobbyseed.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 03, 2013, 12:01:25 PM

Boston Brahmins.  Over on the Mayflower.

Yeah you're right...insofar as I also forget about that. Still I think unlike SF and NYC which also have snobbery across all classes of citizens (so a popular snobbery if you will) that I think all of the things we've mentioned for Boston are still more snobbery among those with a pedigree.

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 03, 2013, 11:59:49 AM
Couldn't the proximity be a source of pride just like Rockefeller Center or Times Square to a New Yawker?

:huh:

Who are these New Yorkers who are proud of Times Square?

Eddie Teach

It's a symbol of how "important" you are. How many people go to Cleveland if they're not on business or visiting someone they know?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 03, 2013, 12:17:50 PM
It's a symbol of how "important" you are. How many people go to Cleveland if they're not on business or visiting someone they know?

All I'm saying is that if I could work further away from Time Square it'd be all the better.