News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish UK Meet Summer 2014?

Started by mongers, June 30, 2013, 11:02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

When to thist history 'literary' fevistal out in the Wiltshire countryside this weekend.

http://www.cvhf.org.uk/festival-programme?date=2013-06-28

Turns out it be a must bigger event than I thought, looks set to be the Hay festival of the historical(media) world.

So I was thinking, what about it as a location for a Languish UK meet in summer 2014 ?

What do you guys think ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Richard Hakluyt

Interesting idea......

How many people attend this festival?

mongers

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on June 30, 2013, 11:36:46 AM
Interesting idea......

How many people attend this festival?

Well, much bigger than I though, but still only a few thousand, didn't get crowded, probably a hundred or two re-enactors on the otherside and 100-300 people attending each of the talks, and there where two or three of those going on at the same times. When those where happening the walking traffic in the festival area deminished noticably. 

So overall a nice size, though during the airshow, there were lots more people thronging the roads nearby an up on the hills.

I'd say the attendance was somewhere between the carnival of a small town and a large village.

I suspect next years festival will grow further, so might be an idea to see it before it attains Hay-on_Wye proportions.

Various levels of camping are available onside, thought there are a few other inns/ quite camping sites nearby.

mongers

Looks like this is a non-starter.  :(

Syt

I think it's just a bit early is all.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.