News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Old European anti-semitism thread

Started by Sheilbh, May 26, 2009, 08:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

The funny thing is, how the hell are the jewish masses, which are nothing more than middle class, responsible for the crisis?

Because a few jews are bankers now ALL the jews are responsible for the crisis?

And why are the non-jewish bankers less responsible than the jewish ones?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Slargos

I think this begs the question of whether it's still anti-semitic if it's true?

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on May 27, 2009, 01:40:40 PM
Makes sense since most Jews are democrats.  They'd know.

Actually the study indicated that Jews didn't have the kind of unfavorable reactions that non-jews had.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Siege on May 27, 2009, 01:41:33 PM
The funny thing is, how the hell are the jewish masses, which are nothing more than middle class, responsible for the crisis?

In at least one part of the study, they tested a story about Madoff and then to various groups introduced things like the fact that he was a jewish american or was an american who donated to jew charities/causes.  Then they gauged peoples reactions using some self-reported scale of Madoff's favorability.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Any luck?
On any other forum you could just search for jews and find it in seconds but languish? Nah.
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on May 27, 2009, 01:37:45 PM
I liked this part:
QuoteThey found that Democrats were significantly more prone to blaming Jews than Republicans: while 32% of Democrats accorded at least moderate blame, compared to only 18.4% of Republicans.
Yay tolerance!

Duh, it's the blacks.  :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Alatriste

You are trying to use logic against racism, and that never works...

Now, and tongue-in-cheek, I would say it is a matter of linguistic relativism: the pollster said 'the Jews' and meant 'all Jews' they did hear 'The Jews' and understood 'those fellows in great Wall Street firms with offices bigger than a football court, diamond rings, trophy wives and private jets'

Crazy, I know.

Malthus

Quote from: Alatriste on May 28, 2009, 05:48:50 AM

You are trying to use logic against racism, and that never works...

Now, and tongue-in-cheek, I would say it is a matter of linguistic relativism: the pollster said 'the Jews' and meant 'all Jews' they did hear 'The Jews' and understood 'those fellows in great Wall Street firms with offices bigger than a football court, diamond rings, trophy wives and private jets'

Crazy, I know.

What ever happened to PLJ, anyway? I haven't seen him around in ages.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Martim Silva

Quote from: MadImmortalMan

That question about Jews having too much power in financial markets sounds familiar. I think I was thinking Portugal was in it also because Martim Silva was all up in here around that time claiming Goldman Sachs was teh evol and the rest of it.  :P

Actually, I was quoting jewish authors about the accounting antics of Goldman Sachs. Including Paul Krugman, that well-known anti-semite (well, he must be, right? I mean, he is criticizing... JEWS *gasp* *gasp* nevermind he's jewish himself... after all, anyone who criticizes Goldman Sachs' most dubious practices *must* surely be an anti-semite)

And to be fair, I blame ALL private banks for the situation we're in (private banking has no place in a civilized society; giving private bankers' power over the creation of money is insanely suicidal at best; that power should be reserved to central banks and central banks alone. GS just happens to be the most influential one around.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Malthus on May 28, 2009, 08:57:48 AMWhat ever happened to PLJ, anyway? I haven't seen him around in ages.  ;)

He was in town a couple weeks ago, caught breakfast with him.  He's busy jetsetting and making money.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on May 28, 2009, 08:57:48 AM
What ever happened to PLJ, anyway? I haven't seen him around in ages.  ;)

He'll be back in football season to tell us all about Florida State.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on May 29, 2009, 08:38:32 AM
He'll be back in football season to tell us all about Florida State.
Damn Criminoles.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Grey Fox

He forgot his password & he's too lazy to re-register.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"