U.S. taps half-billion German phone, internet links in month

Started by jimmy olsen, June 30, 2013, 06:23:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

You're all a bunch of paranoid fruitcakes.

The only people the US government is interested in or worried about in Germany are the massive herds of wild Islamotards you goofs let live in your countries and plot against the Great Santa. 
And Germany just happens to have had the most since 9/11.

QuotePublished: June 25, 2013
BERLIN — Scores of special police officers raided at least nine sites in southern Germany and Belgium on Tuesday after what German authorities said was a tip to an alleged Islamist plot involving two men of Tunisian origin planning to stage terrorist attacks involving explosives and remote-controlled model airplanes.

Hey, holy shit!  Fucking imagine that shit!  And gee, I wonder who could've possibly have helped out.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Zanza

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 30, 2013, 11:16:48 AM

:lol: You are the ones that have intelligence agencies tracking your every communication, that have metal detectors and armed guards in schools, that will soon have police drones supervising you, that have TSA agents groping you when you want to fly, that buy hundreds of millions of handguns, that militarize their Southern border, imprison harmless people for years and decades... etc. etc. etc. and we are paranoid? America is completely goofy about "security". It seems that no matter what your government does in the name of security, it always finds enough cheerleaders to keep on doing it. And that's because your society seems to have an inordinate amount of fear of everything. Paranoia.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Zanza on June 30, 2013, 11:48:14 AM
:lol: You are the ones that have intelligence agencies tracking your every communication, that have metal detectors and armed guards in schools, that will soon have police drones supervising you, that have TSA agents groping you when you want to fly, that buy hundreds of millions of handguns, that militarize their Southern border, imprison harmless people for years and decades... etc. etc. etc. and we are paranoid? America is completely goofy about "security". It seems that no matter what your government does in the name of security, it always finds enough cheerleaders to keep on doing it. And that's because your society seems to have an inordinate amount of fear of everything. Paranoia.

That's not paranoia.  That's snuggling in the cozy embrace of the warm, loving blanket of American security.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Zanza on June 30, 2013, 11:48:14 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 30, 2013, 11:16:48 AM

Rightly so.  :mad:

alfred russel

Quote from: Iormlund on June 30, 2013, 06:50:21 AM
In the end we'll all do the same. You spy us, we spy you. It's only a matter of time.

You gotta love the fake outrage of EU politicians though. If they were intent on stopping this, there a very easy first measure: blacklisting American companies from any service dealing with critical info. That'd be billions lost for Amazon, Citrix, VMware, Microsoft, Oracle, Google ...

Hopefully they will make that threat. It could change discussion over here.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Iormlund on June 30, 2013, 06:50:21 AM
In the end we'll all do the same. You spy us, we spy you. It's only a matter of time.

You gotta love the fake outrage of EU politicians though. If they were intent on stopping this, there a very easy first measure: blacklisting American companies from any service dealing with critical info. That'd be billions lost for Amazon, Citrix, VMware, Microsoft, Oracle, Google ...

I think it's hilarious that it hasn't entered into anybody's minds over there that the German intelligence community doesn't get access to intelligence gathering means from its allies.

Because, hey, we all know the western intelligence community never, ever, ever works together.

Zanza

And that makes it better somehow? I don't want your or my government to have such information.

Razgovory

Quote from: Zanza on June 30, 2013, 02:41:49 PM
And that makes it better somehow? I don't want your or my government to have such information.

Then that's something you should take up with your government.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Quote from: Razgovory on June 30, 2013, 03:02:05 PM

Then that's something you should take up with your government.

The Merkel regime (or any party, really) isn't the right addressee for that. They consider the interwebs as a newfangled thing that is the realm of nerds and pedophiles. "The internet is a new territory for everyone."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Save the umbrage for the private sector, which is doing a lot more with your personal information than any government could.

Admiral Yi

I think we will end up not doing this stuff anymore in some countries, like Germany.

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 30, 2013, 04:00:14 PM
I think we will end up not doing this stuff anymore in some countries, like Germany.

When the sun grows big and swallows us?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi