Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by crazy canuck, June 27, 2013, 10:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: derspiess on June 11, 2015, 09:36:37 AM
Quote from: Liep on June 11, 2015, 05:20:51 AM
Quote from: The Larch on June 11, 2015, 04:22:45 AM
The funny thing for me is that, despite all the hero ball played by LeBron, the real difference maker in Cleveland in these finals is Matthew Dellavedova.  :lol:

The the commentators here went completely crazy when Dellavedova made that falling 2 pointer.

Were they saying all kinds of funny Danish words?

It wasn't specifically Danish, sort of like: "OOOOOOH!!! WAAAAAOOO!???!"
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

crazy canuck

Quote from: sbr on June 10, 2015, 08:45:26 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 10, 2015, 05:59:49 PM
I didn't think Cleveland would win a game in this series.  Ironically the injuries to the scorers which forced them to this defensive line-up was the best thing that could have happened to them.

You thought #Believeland would be swept even with a relatively healthy Irving?

I figured Golden State would win but never imagined either team sweeping the series.

Yep, Cleveland wasn't that good of a team with Irving and Love playing.  Their defense was terrible, Love didn't get many good looks (he is the kind of shooter that doesn't start warming up until he gets 10+ shots) and Cleveland was a terrible rebounding team.  The Warrior would have had the better offence and they play much better defense than that Cleveland team.  The Warriors  would have easily have outscored that Cleveland team.

The difference now is that the Warriors are having trouble scoring and rebounding against this Cleveland team. 

derspiess

LeBron: tainted.  Even busted his head on a camera.  Blood is on your hands, Timmay.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Larch

Quote from: derspiess on June 12, 2015, 08:25:07 AM
LeBron: tainted.  Even busted his head on a camera.  Blood is on your hands, Timmay.

And ABC got hold of his junk.

crazy canuck

For all you doubters, the Timmay Taint is real!

crazy canuck

It is very enjoyable watching Curry play the game of basketball. 

sbr

Yeah it is.  I wish there wasn't so much ridiculous LeBron hate so I could root for the Warriors.

crazy canuck

Quote from: sbr on June 15, 2015, 04:10:38 PM
Yeah it is.  I wish there wasn't so much ridiculous LeBron hate so I could root for the Warriors.

If one were to remove the ridiculous LeBron hate one would still be left with the justifiable LeBron hate. :P

The amount of travelling and offensive push offs he gets away with make it difficult to truly appreciate his game.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

James should have been named MVP even though he lost, just like West.

Not only was he by far the best player in the series, I think it would be akin to psychological torture for him to be given the award in a loss!  :menace:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

Woo! My randomly picked favorite team, back in ~1996, has won the NBA championship!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Quote from: derspiess on June 10, 2015, 07:05:06 PM
You said he is finally taking control of the game.  That means he'll totally lose control tomorrow night and it will be your fault.  And when Cleveland has lost the series 4-2 I will drive up to Akron and tell him it's all your fault. 

Way to go, Tim.  I'm telling LeBron.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 17, 2015, 08:14:44 AM
Woo! My randomly picked favorite team, back in ~1996, has won the NBA championship!

I thought you said you rooted for the Bulls back then.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

And Cleveland loses once again.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."