News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by crazy canuck, June 27, 2013, 10:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Terrible pick by the Celtics. :bleeding:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 27, 2014, 09:59:15 PM

I hate to ask, but why do you say that?

jimmy olsen

We already have an all-star point guard. We should have picked Randle.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

The Spurs seem to have gotten a Boris Diaw clone, except less French.

Ed Anger

Quote from: sbr on June 28, 2014, 12:06:25 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 27, 2014, 09:59:15 PM

I hate to ask, but why do you say that?

Great, he's doing that we bullshit again. I blame you for asking.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on June 28, 2014, 04:08:46 AM
The Spurs seem to have gotten a Boris Diaw clone, except less French.

So, in other words, vastly inferior.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 27, 2014, 04:55:34 PM
Another Canadian picked #1  :)

Although this time not a surprise.  I was happy to see the #8 pick as well!

Stauskas will astound people.  But hod, did he get bad advice on what suit to wear!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

sbr

He did better than Wiggins

Valmy

Lebron trolling Cleveland like this is just a little too low.  I mean how much can one rub it in?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2014, 11:44:17 AM
Lebron trolling Cleveland like this is just a little too low.  I mean how much can one rub it in?

Yeah, if he doesnt actually go there people will have a very low opinion of him.

Oh, wait.  :D

Valmy

Lebron James is headed back to Cleveland.

The Lebron said to the Gilbert, 'Owner, I have sinned against Cleveland and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called a Cav.'

But the Gilbert said to his servants, 'Quick! Bring the best Cav Uni and put it on him. Put a Kyrie Irving on his team and lay a max contract at his feet. Bring my open letter to Lebron and burn it. Let's have a feast and celebrate. For this Lebron of mine was dead to me and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' So they began to celebrate.

derspiess

My coworker is a Cleveland native who has a love/hate relationship with his town.  Mostly hate, at least on the surface.  He actually supported LeBron and badmouthed Clevelandites four years ago.  He's less than enthused about him coming back, but he'll be on the Cavs bandwagon by the beginning of next season.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

FunkMonk

And the legions of "lifelong" Miami Heat fans suddenly disappear into the ether...
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

crazy canuck

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 11, 2014, 12:40:53 PM
And the legions of "lifelong" Miami Heat fans suddenly disappear into the ether...

As quickly as they leave a game being played in the finals of the NBA championships....