News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by crazy canuck, June 27, 2013, 10:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Now that's what you call an empty arena.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Dwayne Wade has become a liability on the floor.

MadBurgerMaker

First full half (the 2nd half) of Spurs basketball I've watched all season.  Hell, I even got some of the second Q in too. 

Valmy

Man Dwayne Wade sucks now. 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

The Y comes before the a.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

When you suck you don't deserve to have your misspelled name misspelled correctly.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

crazy canuck

For all the talk that Wade is healthy it has been pretty clear since at least game 2 that he is playing hurt. 

But its silly to pin this on Wade.  The Spurs are putting on a clinic demonstrating how to play the game as a team on both ends of the floor.

sbr

Don't worry no matter how it plays out a Miami loss will be LeBron's fault.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 13, 2014, 11:06:43 AM
For all the talk that Wade is healthy it has been pretty clear since at least game 2 that he is playing hurt. 

But its silly to pin this on Wade.

They have rested  Wade a ton this year hoping he could get right and he hasn't.

Anyway I was not pinning this on Wade just noticing suckage.

FunkMonk

I really thought the series would have been a lot closer to this. I saw it going to seven games. This is just embarrassing for Miami. Balled off the court in three of the last four games and only barely scraped by in the second game.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

crazy canuck

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 13, 2014, 11:46:57 AM
I really thought the series would have been a lot closer to this. I saw it going to seven games. This is just embarrassing for Miami. Balled off the court in three of the last four games and only barely scraped by in the second game.

There were a lot of people picking the Spurs in less than 7.  Me included - although I thought it would go 6.  Statistically Miami is not as good defensively as they were in years past.  Defence wins championships and the Spurs play great team defence.  The two things I wondered about going into the series was whether Wade really was as healthy as the Heat were saying and whether Parker could shake off his injury from last round.   Turns out Wade isnt healthy but Parker is healthy enough.

One thing I think we can all agree upon is Miami fans suck

FunkMonk

I've been a Spurs fan since I was a child so I'm not ruling out an epic collapse from my team  :D
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 13, 2014, 12:57:09 PM
I've been a Spurs fan since I was a child so I'm not ruling out an epic collapse from my team  :D

Well they have done it twice before.  They still won against the Pistons even after epically collapsing though so take heart.

sbr

Game 7 of the 1990 Western Conference Finals was my favorite Spurs collapse.  I was at the game and my team won.  :showoff:

alfred russel

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 13, 2014, 11:06:43 AM

But its silly to pin this on Wade.  The Spurs are putting on a clinic demonstrating how to play the game as a team on both ends of the floor.

He played well the game before last too.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014