News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by crazy canuck, June 27, 2013, 10:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Cousins signs with Golden State.  Not a bad starting lineup  :D

Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green and Cousins.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 03, 2018, 12:44:40 PM
Cousins signs with Golden State.  Not a bad starting lineup  :D

Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green and Cousins.

What the fuck! :o

EDIT: Forgot he tore his achilies last year. Still, he should be back some time in spring. If he's 70% of what he was last year the Warriors will be unbeatable.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

crazy canuck

Toronto looks pretty good.  Still early obviously, but a lot to be hopeful about.

Eddie Teach

No love for the Trailblazers, eh?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 19, 2018, 11:04:55 PM
Toronto looks pretty good.  Still early obviously, but a lot to be hopeful about.

They looked damn good.

Still have hope for the Celtics of course, but the Raptors will be a formidable opponent.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

Is there a more recent NBA thread?  I tried looking.

I really don't watch or follow the NBA, but that Kawhi Leonard's four-bounce buzzer beater in game 7 was something you'd call hokey and unrealistic if you saw it in a movie.  Amazing.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

jimmy olsen

Great play, but i don't think anyone in the East is stopping the Bucks this year.

1 Karma Chameleon point

crazy canuck

Yeah, the Bucks are going to give the Warriors a good series.  I look forward to watching that.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 13, 2019, 06:27:42 PM
Yeah, the Bucks are going to give the Warriors a good series.  I look forward to watching that.

I'm bumping this thread to try and keep NBA talk out of the NHL thread, but this prediction has not aged well. :D
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

jimmy olsen

Warriors are just too injured this year.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 11, 2019, 07:46:22 PM
Warriors are just too injured this year.

Justice. They have been struck down for their sins.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

If karma plays a role in the outcome the Toronto fans did some serious damage with their disgraceful behaviour when KD was injured.

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 11, 2019, 08:39:13 PM
If karma plays a role in the outcome the Toronto fans did some serious damage with their disgraceful behaviour when KD was injured.

You are overstating it a little there. Basketball players, especially KD, are such cry babies.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Larch

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 12, 2019, 07:17:37 AM

You are overstating it a little there. Basketball players, especially KD, are such cry babies.

Cry baby? He just suffered a career threatening injury and you call him a cry baby?

Grey Fox

Quote from: The Larch on June 12, 2019, 07:32:29 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 12, 2019, 07:17:37 AM

Cry baby? He just suffered a career threatening injury and you call him a cry baby?

No, he was a cry baby before the injury, for years now. Altho to be fair to KD, he took the first moments of the injury will perfect stoicism.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.