News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by crazy canuck, June 27, 2013, 10:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

How many consecutive years of Lebron winning do you need to be informed of the likely outcome of the Eastern Conference playoffs?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 08, 2018, 01:58:38 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on May 07, 2018, 09:54:23 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 30, 2018, 06:53:35 PM

I think the Raptors are going to crush the Cavs. Aside from LeBron andd Love they have nobody good.

I think you are an idiot.

LeBron was great all year, but the Cavs still were mediocre.

How was I to know that the rest of the team would snap into form?

That is not what happenned. LeBron totally dominated, once again, the guard oriented team that is the Raptors.

3 years in a row, iirc.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

alfred russel

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 08, 2018, 11:25:51 AM

I think the Raptors are going to crush the Cavs. Aside from LeBron andd Love they have nobody good.

That is not what happenned. LeBron totally dominated, once again, the guard oriented team that is the Raptors.

3 years in a row, iirc.

So basically Tim not only made a stupid prediction about the future, he also failed to understand what just happened in the present, and either ignored the past of the teams in the payoffs or was unaware of it?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

I think Tim has reached his quota for bad prediction in Raptors series.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Quote from: alfred russel on May 08, 2018, 02:52:47 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 08, 2018, 11:25:51 AM

3 years in a row, iirc.

So basically Tim not only made a stupid prediction about the future, he also failed to understand what just happened in the present, and either ignored the past of the teams in the payoffs or was unaware of it?

In other words : Celtic fan.

jimmy olsen

I can't believe the Celtics are playing so well, with such a young line up! :w00t:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Can't believe that LeBron managed to will this trash fire of a team to the finals. This is probably his 2nd best playoff performance ever, behind only his comeback in the finals against he Warriors.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

crazy canuck

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 28, 2018, 06:17:36 AM
Can't believe that LeBron managed to will this trash fire of a team to the finals. This is probably his 2nd best playoff performance ever, behind only his comeback in the finals against he Warriors.

He played well but the rest of the team also played well.  Love's replacement made a big difference in the outcome.  If you want to talk about a trash fire of a team, let's talk about Boston's inability to score on uncontested shots.

jimmy olsen

LeBron's team mates are trash

https://deadspin.com/that-was-a-fucked-up-way-for-lebron-to-lose-1826473500
That Was A Fucked Up Way For LeBron To Lose

Lauren Theisen
15 minutes ago

In a neck-and-neck Game 1, it looked multiple times like the Cavs were going to steal a win on the road against the Warriors. After heading into the half all tied at 56, then weathering the Warriors' trademark third-quarter onslaught, LeBron James gave his team the lead with under a minute to play on a sheer force-of-will and-one drive to the basket. It was possibly his final moment of happiness for the rest of the series.

With the Cavs up 104-102, LeBron appeared to make an equally huge play on the other end of the floor by drawing a charge on Kevin Durant. But after a lengthy review by the officials, the charge was reversed into a block. If this call had held up, Cleveland would have had the ball with 36 seconds to go, up two. Instead, because we live in an advanced technological age that apparently allows us to determine that this is definitely, indisputably a block and not a charge, Durant made both free throws and tied it.

And yet somehow, squinting at slow-mo video of LeBron's feet wasn't the most soul-crushing Cavalier moment of the final minute. After another LeBron two, and a Steph Curry three point play, George Hill found himself at the line down by one with 4.7 seconds to play, shooting two shots with a chance for the win. He made the first, missed the second, then J.R. Smith forgot the game was tied. He held the ball, didn't call time, and let the game go to OT while expecting a victory.

Medieval catholic hell couldn't torture LeBron James more than these five seconds:

The Warriors opened overtime with nine unanswered points, then won 124-114. LeBron scored 51, the most of his playoff career.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

Mister James
GM of the Cavaliers,

I am willing & able to atleast have game awareness & attempt shots at the end of games for what ever the league minimum salary is.

Yours in LeBron, GF.

Eddie Teach

You wouldn't have gotten the rebound.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

The Larch

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 01, 2018, 07:49:44 AMI am willing & able to atleast have game awareness & attempt shots at the end of games for what ever the league minimum salary is.

Minimum salary depends on your tenure in the league. For players without previous NBA experience, it sits currently at 815.615 $/year.

alfred russel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 31, 2018, 11:09:48 PM
LeBron's team mates are trash

While I'll grant you that LeBron played almost the entire game, his teammates outscored Golden State while James was on the bench but lost while he was on the floor.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on April 29, 2018, 09:12:20 PM
Does anybody really think Lebron is not going to win the Eastern Conference again?