Why has Israel never appeared in the Civ franchise?

Started by Siege, June 27, 2013, 09:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

Why?
I remember back in Civ 3 there were plans to realease a israeli civ, but it never happened.
And it aint gonna happen with Civ5 Brave new world.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Admiral Yi

Barrister

For what it is worth, back in Civ II I played with a custom Israeli civ. :hug:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Siege on June 27, 2013, 09:03:46 AM
Why?
I remember back in Civ 3 there were plans to realease a israeli civ, but it never happened.
And it aint gonna happen with Civ5 Brave new world.

What would be the fun of playing a civ whos special unit specialized in being carried off into bondage?

Legbiter

In my last Civ game I had jewish samurai just killing everything in sight.  :showoff:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Malthus

Quote from: Legbiter on June 27, 2013, 09:23:53 AM
In my last Civ game I had jewish samurai just killing everything in sight.  :showoff:

That's what happens when warriors learn Jew-jitsu.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Neil

Because you'd run out of city names too fast, as Israel has always been a pretty small place.  The same reason that they don't ship the games with Albanian civs either.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on June 27, 2013, 10:14:15 AM
Because you'd run out of city names too fast, as Israel has always been a pretty small place.  The same reason that they don't ship the games with Albanian civs either.

Nonsense.  You can certainly do it.  Of course you wind up using the names of places that weren't much larger than villages, but there's plenty of place-names to use.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on June 27, 2013, 10:22:45 AM

Nonsense.  You can certainly do it.  Of course you wind up using the names of places that weren't much larger than villages, but there's plenty of place-names to use.

Does Civ typically use village names?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Because Israel, Lebanon and parts of Jordan is a pretty shitty empire when you think about it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 27, 2013, 10:28:10 AM
Because Israel, Lebanon and parts of Jordan is a pretty shitty empire when you think about it.

I see what you did there. :D

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on June 27, 2013, 10:22:45 AM
It can be done, but it typically isn't.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on June 27, 2013, 10:24:48 AM
Does Civ typically use village names?

If you get big enough some of the Babylonian place names sound pretty gimpy.