Books on Interwar and WW2 war doctrine development?

Started by Queequeg, June 25, 2013, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Anchor Spanker passed me a book at a meet up you might want to take a look at: Makers of Modern Strategy.

Book weighs as much as a car battery.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 25, 2013, 03:30:22 PM
Anchor Spanker passed me a book at a meet up you might want to take a look at: Makers of Modern Strategy.

Book weighs as much as a car battery.

Hybrid or gas motor?

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Malthus

Heh, I was going through my books in storage the other day, and I came across one written in the early 1930s on sea power by some admiral. I thought "this will be an interesting curiousity someday" and put it in a box for storage rather than donation. Can't remember the title though. If I remember, I'll check on it tonight.   
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson