Pork-Laced Ammo Designed to Send Muslims to Hell

Started by garbon, June 25, 2013, 08:48:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Razgovory on June 25, 2013, 09:25:37 AM
I think there's some weird belief that pigs are to Muslims in the same way that garlic is to vampires.

There have been cases, at least in Italy and Catalonia, of populist local politicians that, upon knowing of a project to raise a mosque in their cities, called for pigs to be taken to the site so it wouldn't be able to be built there. Ignorance or real religious edict, I don't know, but my money would be on rabid bigotry.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: The Larch on June 25, 2013, 09:30:10 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 25, 2013, 09:25:37 AM
I think there's some weird belief that pigs are to Muslims in the same way that garlic is to vampires.

There have been cases, at least in Italy and Catalonia, of populist local politicians that, upon knowing of a project to raise a mosque in their cities, called for pigs to be taken to the site so it wouldn't be able to be built there. Ignorance or real religious edict, I don't know, but my money would be on rabid bigotry.

We had a similar case here when some hayseeds had pig races around a mosque being built.  Mostly this confused the Muslims involved.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Viking

sigh.. if only I thought this had any more effect that merely reducing the ballistic properties of the munition....
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Siege

This pork thing is non-sense.
Touching pork, as in dead pig, not alive pig, creates inpurity of the soul, but I have never heard that it affects a muslim "martyr" entrance into their paradise, since the act of "martyrdom" cleanses all his sins, including touching pork.

I smell oxymoron.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Valmy

Quote from: Siege on June 25, 2013, 12:00:42 PM
Touching pork, as in dead pig, not alive pig, creates inpurity of the soul

Dang really?  I cannot even ask a Muslim to pass the bacon?  Huh, go figure.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Siege

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 25, 2013, 12:02:35 PM
I smell oxymoron.

That word doesn't mean what you think it means. :nerd:

What? You mean John Travolta was wrong in that movie "Oscar".

Viking

Quote from: Valmy on June 25, 2013, 12:02:00 PM

The pig is an unclean animal. This is the living pig. There isn't merely a dietary restriction on eating pork. Apparently God created an animal that was unclean and immoral.

BTW, siegy, how could Noah remain ritually pure while tending pigs on the ark?
Corrolary: If there were no pigs on the ark how did they survive?

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Siege

Quote from: Viking on June 25, 2013, 12:14:31 PM

The pig is an unclean animal. This is the living pig. There isn't merely a dietary restriction on eating pork. Apparently God created an animal that was unclean and immoral.

As I say, you can touch living pig all you want. The inpurity comes from touching the dead animal.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Viking

Quote from: Siege on June 25, 2013, 12:17:20 PM
Quote from: Viking on June 25, 2013, 12:14:31 PM

As I say, you can touch living pig all you want. The inpurity comes from touching the dead animal.

After rechecking my sources, you are right. In Judaism only the dead animal is unpure/unclean. In islam the living animal is unpure/unclean. Though in islam only dogs and pigs are in this category.

But, were there pigs on the ark?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Viking on June 25, 2013, 12:22:13 PM
But, were there pigs on the ark?

Only ones I'm sure about are alligators, geese, camels, chimpanzees, cats, rats, and elephants.  Those are documented.