News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Don't Fuck With Canadians

Started by Fireblade, May 26, 2009, 08:12:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 26, 2009, 05:54:18 PM
Its unfortunate that you live in such ignorance.

It's unfortunate that you live in such a place.  You seem like a nice guy.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

BuddhaRhubarb

:p

Sheilbh

:mmm: Offal.

You've no idea how difficult it is to find good internal organs (especially tripe :weep:), the English are such cowards <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on May 26, 2009, 06:04:15 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 26, 2009, 05:54:18 PM
Its unfortunate that you live in such ignorance.

It's unfortunate that you live in such a place.  You seem like a nice guy.

You mean Vancouver, the city that is consistently rated one of the best cities on the planet.  If you are going to try to take a shot at least make it somewhat credible. 

Brazen

Wish I hadn't read this. I'm hungry for seal heart now :(

saskganesh

Quote from: Barrister on May 26, 2009, 02:57:21 PM
Quote from: saskganesh on May 26, 2009, 01:37:45 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 26, 2009, 12:20:10 PM

And then this story is pretty badass.

next week she'll be eating Alberta embargoed pork. will that also be: "badass?"

If she helps to butcher it herself then yes.

'fair nuff. I would be more impressed by that actually. people need to see the inside of slaughterhouses more often.
humans were created in their own image

saskganesh

I've seen grits on the menu at Denny's in Kingston. perhaps it's a trend. :D

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 27, 2009, 10:06:26 AM
You mean Vancouver, the city that is consistently rated one of the best cities on the planet.  If you are going to try to take a shot at least make it somewhat credible. 

I read that the Toronto Board of Trade recently found Calgary to be best city in the world. Grain of salt.

P.S. I love how you "interpreted" what I said. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

saskganesh

Quote from: garbon on May 27, 2009, 12:06:47 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 27, 2009, 10:06:26 AM

I read that the Toronto Board of Trade recently found Calgary to be best city in the world. Grain of salt.

P.S. I love how you "interpreted" what I said. :)

that's interesting. of course, with city quality surveys you always have to establish the audience. one of the conclusions of this survey is to pull more funding for urban transit from the province and feds. so the City of Toronto (one of the audiences) is pretty happy with it.

here's the full list:

The full ranking looks as follows:

1. Calgary A
   2. Dallas B
   3. Hong Kong B
   4. Toronto C
      Boston C
      London C
      New York C (all four are tied)
   5. Vancouver C
      Seattle C (both tied)
   6. Quebec City C
   7. Shanghai C
   8. San Francisco D
   9. Montreal D
  10. Chicago D
  11. Paris D
  12. Los Angeles D
      Barcelona N/A
      Madrid N/A
      Oslo N/A
      Rome N/A
      Stockholm N/A

I think you'll enjoy Hong Kong's ranking over SF. Which implies that you secretly envy Monoriu's lifestyle and economic prospects.

Malthus

Quote from: saskganesh on May 27, 2009, 12:32:48 PM
I think you'll enjoy Hong Kong's ranking over SF. Which implies that you secretly envy Monoriu's lifestyle and economic prospects.

:lmfao:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

:Embarrass:

saskganesh

Quote from: garbon on May 27, 2009, 12:41:24 PM

:Embarrass:

anyway, as soon as we have increased transit links between the City Core "people magnet" and the outlying 905 area "economic engine", I am sure SF will be great again. maybe we'll want to build a big bridge over the harbour or something.

garbon

I'm confused. So they are not a fan of transit links?

saskganesh

Quote from: garbon on May 27, 2009, 01:06:29 PM
I'm confused. So they are not a fan of transit links?

no that's one of the conclusions. more transit links are needed

the reason for grading Calgary so high was to establish a target for economic competitiveness. however, since Calgary relies heavily on commodities and Toronto doesn't, we can't recreate that specific economy here, so we have to find another way to be "competitive." increased transit links are the medicine. I'm ok with that, but really they are just comparing different kinds of vegetables.

garbon

Hmm, interesting. At first I thought you were suggesting SF needs more transit links.  I think we have a sufficient amount although our highway system is definitely overcrowded (especially on the Oakland side).