DoJ to Snowden: Hope your 15 minutes were worth it, pal

Started by CountDeMoney, June 21, 2013, 06:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 21, 2013, 08:20:34 PM
(though it may have been the morally right thing to do)

:bleeding:  :bash: What the fuck is wrong with your generation, man?

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Yeah, I'm kinda with those that think this millenial shithead is a traitor.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Iormlund

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 21, 2013, 08:12:46 PM
I think if the PRC intel people have or are going to interview this putz, they're going to be sorely disappointed in what he's got to give them, and probably won't care if he goes back.

I thought he took a thumbdrive full of shit with him. It makes sense to trade it for a new life in China, since there are not that many places for that guy to go to.

Josquius

He did a good thing (tm).
Hope somewhere nicer than China lets him stay.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Iormlund on June 22, 2013, 12:03:13 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 21, 2013, 08:12:46 PM
I think if the PRC intel people have or are going to interview this putz, they're going to be sorely disappointed in what he's got to give them, and probably won't care if he goes back.

I thought he took a thumbdrive full of shit with him. It makes sense to trade it for a new life in China, since there are not that many places for that guy to go to.

He was an IT monkey, not an analyst.  Big deal, so he had access to shared drives and scampered off with shared docs and some PowerPoint presentations.  He has no real actionable intel to provide anybody. 
Ames or Hanssen he isn't.  Those guys had the kind of shit you trade a life for.  What this snot-nosed shit has isn't anything they don't already know.

viper37

Quote from: Monoriu on June 21, 2013, 07:03:00 PM
This is best decided in the courts.
are Chinese courts really impartial for a case like this?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Tamas

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 21, 2013, 08:39:53 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 21, 2013, 08:20:34 PM
(though it may have been the morally right thing to do)

:bleeding:  :bash: What the fuck is wrong with your generation, man?

I bet if he did this during the Bush administration you would be organizing the protest to drop the charges against him this very moment.

The Brain

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 21, 2013, 07:05:22 PM
We take our treaty obligations seriously.  But there is the question of whether the charges against him are political in nature.  This is best decided in the courts.

We expect you to take your treaty obligations seriously.

SURRENDER DOROTHY

Did you just come? :huh:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Monoriu

Quote from: viper37 on June 22, 2013, 12:43:22 AM
This is best decided in the courts.
are Chinese courts really impartial for a case like this?

No.

But Hong Kong ones are.  Beijing is annoyed with the HK courts, because they don't care about either the HK or the Beijing government.  Trust me, the HK civil servants will have a much easier time if the HK government or Beijing has any influence on them.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tamas on June 22, 2013, 01:22:35 AM
I bet if he did this during the Bush administration you would be organizing the protest to drop the charges against him this very moment.

Wrong, fuckstick.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Monoriu

We really have no place in this great game between superpowers.  Getting him to leave peacefully is probably best.