And we're back!

Main Menu

Commander in SS-led unit living in US

Started by garbon, June 14, 2013, 09:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on June 14, 2013, 06:17:20 PM
Quote from: derspiess on June 14, 2013, 02:51:10 PM
Speaking of confused/mentally impaired, half the people participating in the naturalization ceremony started the oath by literally saying "I, State Your Name..."

One of those real-life Animal House moments.
:hmm: I've been to two of them, and I didn't hear any of that.  Maybe you guys get the dregs that New York didn't want.

In West Virginia?  Nah.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jaron

Maybe it defeats the purpose of justice, but it seems at this point we should let the matter rest. This person did oversee some atrocious things in his life, but surely the crimes of Nazi Germany have been paid for. Do we need to track down every last elderly vestige of it and try them?

I wonder what these 'Nazi Hunters' will do when they're done shaking down old folks homes. :P
Winner of THE grumbler point.

fhdz

Quote from: Jaron on June 15, 2013, 11:46:44 AM
Maybe it defeats the purpose of justice, but it seems at this point we should let the matter rest. This person did oversee some atrocious things in his life, but surely the crimes of Nazi Germany have been paid for. Do we need to track down every last elderly vestige of it and try them?

Yes. Every last one.
and the horse you rode in on

11B4V

Quote from: fahdiz on June 15, 2013, 02:25:52 PM

Yes. Every last one.

+1 hunt them all down.

Do some reading Jaron

Masters of Death: The SS-Einsatzgruppen and the Invention of the Holocaust

The Good Old Days: The Holocaust as Seen by Its Perpetrators and Bystanders

Ordinary Men: Reserve Police Battalion 101 and the Final Solution in Poland
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

OttoVonBismarck

Some of the Nazi allied-fighters in the Eastern Front I actually think have historically been "lumped in" as bad guys just because they were wearing the wrong uniforms. A lot of them were just trying to fight against a Soviet invasion. But yeah, this guy while it is seems likely he may have joined up to fight the Soviets seems to have mostly spent his time on internal policing along the lines of massacring troublesome groups of civilians, so I don't think he's one who has been unfairly maligned by history. At 94 any prosecution is mostly a joke, but the evidence against this guy seems very strong. The other old American dude--Demjanjuk or whatever, I've never been 100% convinced he actually did anything. It seems like he could have legitimately just been the victim of a case of mistaken identity, at least enough doubt existed in my mind I would not have voted guilty if I was a juror in his trial (moot point since he was not tried in an American court.)

katmai

Should have vetoed his admittance on being a Uke to start with.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

Quote from: 11B4V on June 15, 2013, 02:52:44 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on June 15, 2013, 02:25:52 PM

Yes. Every last one.
+1 hunt them all down.

Do some reading Jaron

Masters of Death: The SS-Einsatzgruppen and the Invention of the Holocaust

The Good Old Days: The Holocaust as Seen by Its Perpetrators and Bystanders

Ordinary Men: Reserve Police Battalion 101 and the Final Solution in Poland
And that reading would convince him that it's a good idea to hunt down a bunch of old men?  That seems unlikely.  After all, by now everyone realizes that the only reason they're being punished is that they lost the war.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Capetan Mihali

I wonder what these 'Nazi Hunters' will do when they're done shaking down old folks homes. :P

Since most of them having been working hard to conflate fighting antisemitism/Nazis with unconditional support for Israel, I guess they'll just drop the "Nazis" part...
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Let the Canadians have all them damn dirty people.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on June 15, 2013, 10:57:31 PM
Quote from: DGuller on June 15, 2013, 09:20:06 PM
Quote from: PDH on June 15, 2013, 08:05:33 PM
Quote from: katmai on June 15, 2013, 07:06:43 PM
Should have vetoed his admittance on being a Uke to start with.

:thumbsup:
:mad:

I thought you were now upgraded to "Jew".

There is no possible upgrade from Uke.  Even Jews, as fine as they are, could but wish they were Ukrainian. -_-
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.