Man calls police to complain about prostitute's looks

Started by Sheilbh, June 13, 2013, 05:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

QuoteMan calls Solihull police to complain about prostitute's looks
A man has been warned after he dialled 999 to complain about a prostitute's looks after meeting her.

West Midlands Police said they were contacted by the caller who said he "wished to report her for breaching the Sale of Goods Act".

The force said the call was received at about 19:30 BST on Tuesday complaining that the woman was not as attractive as she had claimed.

Officers have now sent the man a letter warning him about wasting police time.

West Midlands Police said the man had claimed he met the woman in a hotel car park.

"The caller claimed that the woman had made out she was better looking than she actually was and he wished to report her for breaching the Sale of Goods Act," a spokesperson for the force said.

"When he raised this issue with the woman concerned, she allegedly took his car keys, ran away from the car and threw them back at him, prompting him to call police."

'It was unbelievable'

During the call, the man can be heard to say: "I've arranged a meeting with her, but beforehand I've asked her for an honest description, otherwise when I get there I'm not going to use her services.

"Basically she has misdescribed herself, misrepresented herself totally.

"She was angry because she obviously thinks I owe her a living or something."

Sgt Jerome Moran, based at Solihull police station, called the man back to offer some advice.

He said: "It was unbelievable - he genuinely believed he had done nothing wrong and that the woman should have been investigated by police for misrepresentation.

"I told him that she'd not committed any offences and that it was his actions, in soliciting for sex, that were in fact illegal."

Despite the man refusing to give his details, police were able to identify him and have sent him a letter warning him about his actions.

The Sale of Goods Act 1979 gives consumers legal rights, stipulating goods which are sold must be of satisfactory quality, be fit for purpose and must match the seller's description.

Hopefully this will be reported on Radio 4 with full BBC newsreader deadpan :lol:

Edit: Also an interesting contrast to Texas.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jacob

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

11B4V

Quote from: Jacob on June 13, 2013, 06:04:33 PM
Yeah, much better than shooting her.

No whore control in merry ole England, eh?  ;)
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Phillip V

Scipio

Idiot Englishman.  Services are not goods, and prostitution is a service.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Eddie Teach

She didn't have his money. He just wanted to bitch anyway.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on June 13, 2013, 06:10:31 PM

YEah because that is what we do here.

How many hookers did YOU shoot today?   :hmm:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on June 14, 2013, 09:12:47 AM
Quote from: Valmy on June 13, 2013, 06:10:31 PM

YEah because that is what we do here.

How many hookers did YOU shoot today?   :hmm:

Just today?  Well it sort of depends on how liberally you define the word 'hooker'.  :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

fhdz

You shoot ONE HOOKER and you're Jack the Ripper all of a sudden.
and the horse you rode in on

crazy canuck

Calls out for legalisation and regulation of prostitution so that this kind of misrepresentation can be dealt with effectively.

:D

11B4V

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 14, 2013, 11:07:35 AM
Calls out for legalisation and regulation of prostitution so that this kind of misrepresentation can be dealt with effectively.

:D

It should be legal in the US. Regulated and taxed.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

KRonn

Well this is a unique reason to call the cops. Silly Englander. At least in the US people call the cops for valid reasons, like their McDonald's french fries are cold! Or the guy who called the cops to report his drug dealer had ripped him off.
:lol: