News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Another Languish EU3 game? Weeknights EST?

Started by Berkut, March 05, 2010, 01:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Quote from: Berkut on April 15, 2010, 01:27:47 PM
I assume we will be patching with the new beta patch released today (check other game thread for link).

It sounds like the new patch does some pretty brutal things to the HRE if they have any non-core provinces in the Empire.  As a completely neutral observer I would wait and see what these changes do before imposing them retroactively on an existing Empire.

sbr

From here:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=471473

Quotemultiprovince annexation and +0.25BB -1%prestige /year for non-core HRE provinces !!!

I see the point when slowing down the player, but the AI can't handle it. In my current game, they go overboard with annexations - which in itself makes their BB skyrocket, but with the new malus, they hardly get a BB bonus and tend to inflate and burst. It's not blobs anymore. It's balloons.

QuoteUnlawful Imperial Territory is a swift kick in the balls when playing as a HRE member. It makes it pretty much unfeasible to hold more than one non-cored HRE province at any time, since you always have to brace for these damn DIP 3 rulers. I guess this is working as designed, though. What I don't see anyone doing with this in place is forming Germany as you have to conquer, own and core nine provinces one at a time taking 450 years (unless you luck out and get a lucky core in a 422 year game (and even then, you'd just be a patchwork of cities all over the place calling itself Germany). Defending the HRE might become a little more difficult now as you can't expand on the expense of your member states, probably also WAD.

ulmont

Quote from: sbr on April 15, 2010, 01:35:30 PM
I assume we will be patching with the new beta patch released today (check other game thread for link).

It sounds like the new patch does some pretty brutal things to the HRE if they have any non-core provinces in the Empire.  As a completely neutral observer I would wait and see what these changes do before imposing them retroactively on an existing Empire.

Eh, I'm ok moving forward.

DGuller

Something had to be done to the Imperial Liberation CB abuse.  The whole concept of the emperor annexing pieces of the HRE for next to no cost, just because those pieces happened to be annexed by some other minor empire member earlier, is ridiculous.  The emperor could blob up to something crazy in no time at all.  No way would the members of the empire stand for it.

DGuller

Quote from: ulmont on April 15, 2010, 01:40:37 PM

Eh, I'm ok moving forward.
It shouldn't be an issue in our game in any way.  We actually don't have HRE as an institution anymore, Viking took care of it.  We only have HRE as a country.

Solmyr

The solution is to release HRE territories that are not your cores as vassals.

Berkut

So, when should one switch to a Republic, and what is that decision based on?

Right now I can go to Const. Monarchy, which for me is certainly better than Admin Monarchy, but should I consider going to Admin Republic instead?

I am guessing not - since Admin repub still has the -3 Cent limit, which I would like to get rid of, but on the other hand, I am really tired of these shite rulers.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on April 15, 2010, 01:24:25 PM
We need to take more provinces away from the Ottomans until their tech levels drop!

I have some Bedouin grain provinces for sale.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on April 15, 2010, 03:18:55 PM
So, when should one switch to a Republic, and what is that decision based on?

Right now I can go to Const. Monarchy, which for me is certainly better than Admin Monarchy, but should I consider going to Admin Republic instead?

I am guessing not - since Admin repub still has the -3 Cent limit, which I would like to get rid of, but on the other hand, I am really tired of these shite rulers.

You have pretty much boiled down what the decision is in your own post.  What bonuses do you prefer?  What national decisions would you like?  I personally prefer Constitutional Monarchy for a good while as it means I never have to worry about my Prestige dropping below 100% and I get the awesome national decision that gives -2 RR, +1 magistrate, +1 Prestige on top of it.  Well, that and the faster/unrestrained slider shifts.

Republics are generally pretty good if you want more control over your leader, but I tend to stick with monarchies for the decisions and other bonuses.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Alcibiades

Quote from: Habbaku on April 15, 2010, 12:21:34 AM

Following orders is right.  They do whatever Spain and England tell them to in exchange for...wait, did they actually shrink their economy, despite not having a big war?

Looking pretty good Guller.  What's your manpower at?

Looks like we're quitting our game but by 1715 i had 1250 income, 75k manpower, and 235 big ships.   :cool:

And I didn't get immense, too bad we're quitting but I think the BOP is broken in our game any way.  I need to get into the next iteration of this game.....  How many weeks you guys have left you think?
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

DGuller

Habbaku

Game probably has 3-4 sessions left, though that can change depending on how big the wars get.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

JonasSalk

My income should be about 16-17 more.  I realized that I didn't have enough ships to have my tariffs at 100%, so after I did that, it changed my income big time.
Yuman

Berkut

We are all patching for this week, right?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont