49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 28, 2020, 11:26:54 AM
Went down town last night with a couple buds after 9 holes of golf.  Dinner and drinks. 

Uber is working, if maybe a little slow to respond.  Drivers both masked, we wore masks, no one in the front seat.

Most wait staff in the resto and bar we went to were masked.  I got temperature zapped at the resto.  I asked the dude and he said no one has been rejected yet.

I dropped by my jailbait karaoke joint and dude I know says they were doing karaoke and place was pretty crowded but then last week customers disappeared, around the time Texas's bad numbers made the news.

Is a karaoke joint a safe place to be in this time and age? One would think that somewhere in which many people will be singing indoors would have a relatively high risk of contagion if somebody sick with Covid is present.

Zanza

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Larch on June 28, 2020, 01:04:46 PM
Is a karaoke joint a safe place to be in this time and age? One would think that somewhere in which many people will be singing indoors would have a relatively high risk of contagion if somebody sick with Covid is present.

I imagine so.

Admiral Yi

I imagine so high risk, not safe place.  :)

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Tamas

Picked up this week's click and collect. Staff was helpful as always but they seemed to have stopped caring about social distancing, or I just got unlucky with the two people I interacted with. Especially the one that came up as I was waiting sitting with my car door halfway open and sort of leaned over the car door, well within accidental spitting distance :P

It's going to be more challenging to keep yourself uninfected if society at large decides to stop caring.

Admiral Yi

First trip inside the supermercado since C19.  One way aisles.  One bro looking doofus was going the wrong way on every single one.  Maskage was around 95%.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 30, 2020, 07:20:26 PM
First trip inside the supermercado since C19.  One way aisles.  One bro looking doofus was going the wrong way on every single one.  Maskage was around 95%.

Wow, here masks are entirely out of fashion, I've only seen a handful and those were at the late night opening in Waitrose the other evening.   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

PDH

In Santa Cruz people wear masks at the grocery store (100% as far as I have seen), other stores (from what I have been told nearly 100%), and even when pumping gas for the car (Sorry, NJ and non-rural late night Oregon, we are real humans here).

The only time people feel no need to wear a mask is when AT THE BEACH IN CLOSE PROXIMITY TO EACH OTHER AND ALL THOSE FROM ALL OVER.

So, we're doomed.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

DGuller

Oh, look at you, being able to fill up without setting the gas station on fire.  That's all it takes to be a human, right.  :rolleyes:

Caliga

First trip inside the supermercado since C19. 
Bro how were you staying alive till now? :huh:

I've been going to the grocery once a week since this shit started, just like I was before.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Zoupa

Curbside pickup of your online order I imagine.

celedhring

My gym reopened a week ago with a "mask up at all times" policy, except when doing cardio, for which they have set up isolated cubicles. The mask policy has lasted exactly one week, nobody cares anymore.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on June 30, 2020, 10:44:55 PM
First trip inside the supermercado since C19. 
Bro how were you staying alive till now? :huh:

I've been going to the grocery once a week since this shit started, just like I was before.

What Zoupa said

garbon

I've left my apt complex twice since 23rd of March. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.