News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football 2019

Started by PDH, August 25, 2019, 07:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Craziest game I've ever seen. WSU vs UCLA. It is 63-60 in 4th qtr. Wazzu QB has thrown nine...NINE touchdowns
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

And as it stands, the QB with Nine TD's will lose 67-63

Valmy

Yeah I saw the end of it. Just as Chip Kelly gameplanned it.

Wazzu with 6 turnovers and gave up 2 special teams TDs. Total team effort to blow that 49-17 lead.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on September 22, 2019, 12:05:35 AM
Quote from: derspiess on September 16, 2019, 12:37:17 PM
Quote from: Valmy on September 14, 2019, 06:08:00 PM
Well WV sure put NC State in their place Spicey.

Yeah, I guess they made adjustments in the 2nd half.  I'll take it.  But they still won't beat Kansas.  Not after seeing what they did on the road at BC :o

Well they did beat Kansas.

Texas will be there in two weeks for a match up of 1-0 Big 12 teams.

I just had to turn down tickets for that game :pinch:

It's my son's last year in youth football, so I don't want to miss anything.  I'm also having to miss seeing the Bengals in London next month :mellow:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

PDH

After the 1st half the "Win Probability" on ESPN has Wyoming with a 99% win vs UNLV.  This strikes fear into the heart of any Wyo fan.  We all hope for that 1% for the Cowboys, why can't it happen to the other side?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Savonarola

I watched the annual Big 10 "Is it basketball yet?" classic between Indiana and Michigan State.  Indiana's kicker is named Logan Justus (the announcers pronounced it the same as "Justice.")  I think if you have a name like that you have no choice but to go into law enforcement and become a loose cannon who doesn't play by the rules.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on September 28, 2019, 08:41:44 PM
After the 1st half the "Win Probability" on ESPN has Wyoming with a 99% win vs UNLV.  This strikes fear into the heart of any Wyo fan.  We all hope for that 1% for the Cowboys, why can't it happen to the other side?

Glad they managed to hold on there PDH!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Berkut

Arizona opened up Pac-12 play with a win against UCLA.

What was interesting is that they did so without their starting QB, that Kalil Tate guy, or the starting RB (although Arizona is ridiculously deep at RB, so that was not as much a issue).

Gunnel, the RS FS did a nice job. He is a totally different kind of QB from Tate though.....

What was even better is that it looks like Marcel Yates has maybe figured *something* out about defence...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Do I hear the sounds of cautious optimism?  :ph34r:

katmai

For two weeks til Huskies come to the desert.

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on September 30, 2019, 03:39:31 PM
Do I hear the sounds of cautious optimism?  :ph34r:

Very, very cautious.

https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcats/football/arizona-wildcats-qb-grant-gunnell-named-pac--freshman-of/article_ca70a194-e3ba-11e9-9f31-d307bb608ab4.html

Sorry, Gunnell is a true freshman, not redshirt.

29/44 for 352 and 1 TD, no turnovers. Not too shabby a start.

0 rows returned

Valmy

Nice game Spicey. West Virginia came out fired up and ready to pop. They really played well on both lines of scrimmage. Texas' much maligned defense was able to assert itself there for a bit in the second half and that was the defense.

Berkut

Arizona gets another win, Kalil Tate comes back from injury and tosses 400 yards.

The defense looks, well, decent. It's weird.

I am sure Washington will bring us back to reality.

0 rows returned

Berkut

AFter losing to Hawaii, there wasn't much hope in Wildcat land. The defense was awful, and it looked like it would be another year of losing games 41-33.

But the Cats have won four straight, and what is more, have done so on the strength of a vastly improved defense. Not a great defense by any means, but a decent one.

Of course, it gets a lot tougher from here out:

Washington next week at home. That is a loss.
Then @USC. Another probably loss.
@Stanford? Hard to say. They don't look great this year, but winning on the road is hard.

Easy to see three straight losses. I think we will maybe sneak out a win against USC or Stanford, to sit at 5-3, 3-2.

Then Oregon State. 6-3, 4-2.

That would be pretty damn good considering how the year started.

@ORE Uggh, L
Utah. Toss up since we are at home
@ASU W, of course.

If we can pick up that Utah game, and then beat ASU at Arizona Stadium North, that leaves the Cats at 8-4, 6-3.

That would be a pretty damn good year considering how bad we were last year....

0 rows returned