News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football 2019

Started by PDH, August 25, 2019, 07:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on August 31, 2019, 10:12:57 PM

Well you couldn't have been more wrong PDH.

As I wake up here in Laramie I am reminded that sometimes is ok to be wrong.  It was an amazing game.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

derspiess

Pretty decent weekend of college football.  I missed the WVU game because I was coaching my son's game, but I'm kind of glad I missed it.  Struggled mightily against a IAA school (yes I know they're #2 or whatever at that level).  I'll take the win, but any fan of the team that does not have big concerns needs his head checked.  Not sold on the new coach but I would be happy to be proven wrong.  I guess it's a plus that I'm not seeing Holgorsen's sideline antics anymore, at least.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

PDH

It was a solid week for the Mountain West.  Hawaii, Nevada, Boise State, and YOUR WYOMING COWBOYS all won vs Power 5 schools.  Yeah I know, beating Missouri is not like a real Power 5 team, but it was nice to see the conference have more ability to compete.

Next up for Wyoming is the mighty Texas State - I hope Wyoming is not still hung over from last Saturday's win...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Well Texas State beat Georgia State last year, which just beat Tennessee. Ergo Texas State is basically a second SEC team in two weeks for Wyoming.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 29, 2019, 04:30:32 PM
Iowa 55, THE Ohio State 24, 11/4/17.

Ferentz is a miracle worker.

Dude... one big win in two full seasons does not a miracle worker make.  :rolleyes:

That being said, Iowa gets a W. :yeah:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on September 03, 2019, 10:44:52 AM
Well Texas State beat Georgia State last year, which just beat Tennessee. Ergo Texas State is basically a second SEC team in two weeks for Wyoming.

#marshalllogic
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

PDH

Dammit.  I knew we were hosed.  Actually, I worry more about overconfidence and playing in 100 degree temps.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

dps

More like, ergo, Tennessee is now a worse embarrassment for the SEC than Vanderbilt (which has beaten the Vols 3 straight years for the first time since the 1920s).

PDH

See, coming from a smaller conference it doesn't matter which team you play.  When your team beats any P5 team you get to puff out your chest, complement the losing fans on a "Good Game!" while finding a place to drink too much beer afterwards - preferably with hundreds of other fans at 120 decibels.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

Admiral Yi

Quote from: merithyn on September 03, 2019, 10:48:29 AM
Dude... one big win in two full seasons does not a miracle worker make.  :rolleyes:

No shit.  What does make him a miracle worker is his ability to make competitive teams out of skill position players that none of the big boys wanted.

Valmy

The very fact Ferentz has kept a head coaching job at one school for 20 years is a miracle in itself.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: PDH on September 03, 2019, 01:38:00 PM
See, coming from a smaller conference it doesn't matter which team you play.  When your team beats any P5 team you get to puff out your chest, complement the losing fans on a "Good Game!" while finding a place to drink too much beer afterwards - preferably with hundreds of other fans at 120 decibels.

Nevada and Purdue, for example.  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2MwmMbEJW0

Head up to Alpine, WY and check out Melvin Brewing. The town is so small it doesn't have a mcdonalds, but the brewery is world class. I've been there twice in the last 18 months.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

PDH

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 05, 2019, 04:29:59 PM
Nevada and Purdue, for example.  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2MwmMbEJW0

Head up to Alpine, WY and check out Melvin Brewing. The town is so small it doesn't have a mcdonalds, but the brewery is world class. I've been there twice in the last 18 months.

Loved that game.  Loved also that the walk on kicker got a scholarship.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

Berkut

Arizona has their home opener tomorrow. Should be a huge game. They had a well needed week off to recover from the disaster in Hawai'i, so can possibly improve to .500 with a win over an in state rival.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 05, 2019, 04:29:59 PM

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Have not been to Alpine, but went to their original location in Jackson in the back of Thai Me Up.  One of the best days in my adult life was when they started distributing Melvin in Ohio.