News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on June 03, 2020, 04:38:24 AM
Yo, cel, Paradox is opening a studio in Barcelona. Johan will lead the studio, and apparently they'll focus on EU4, with more to follow. :D

Is that promotion, or exile? :P

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on June 03, 2020, 04:39:46 AM
Yo, cel, Paradox is opening a studio in Barcelona. Johan will lead the studio, and apparently they'll focus on EU4, with more to follow. :D

I think Frederik went there a while ago. I think it'll be kind of a semi retirement. :P

Their press release: https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/paradox-interactive-founds-new-studio-in-barcelona/
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

I thought the Barcelonawards tech trend was slowing due to the insane prices and political iffiness. Curious.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

There's a burgeoning videogame scene in Barcelona, although so far it's more centered around mobile gaming and such. Glad to have something like Paradox move over here.

Regarding prices, it's still cheaper than your average Euro capital. My former GF was sent over from London to Barcelona by her company and she sumed it up like "it's cheap, you don't get mugged, and the weather is nice, of course everybody wants to move here".

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on June 03, 2020, 04:43:15 AM

I think Frederik went there a while ago. I think it'll be kind of a semi retirement. :P

Their press release: https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/paradox-interactive-founds-new-studio-in-barcelona/

Paradox Tinto?  :rolleyes:

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: celedhring on June 03, 2020, 04:55:07 AM
There's a burgeoning videogame scene in Barcelona, although so far it's more centered around mobile gaming and such. Glad to have something like Paradox move over here.

Regarding prices, it's still cheaper than your average Euro capital. My former GF was sent over from London to Barcelona by her company and she sumed it up like "it's cheap, you don't get mugged, and the weather is nice, of course everybody wants to move here".

Damning with faint praise.
Even Paris is cheaper than London.  :lmfao:

The Larch

Barcelona is very expensive by Spanish standards, but by European (or rather North European) ones it's still affordable. London is in a league of its own.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Larch on June 03, 2020, 05:04:22 AM

Hopefully no Paradox Tinto de Verano.

The Larch

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 03, 2020, 05:29:01 AM

If that's their criteria they should have called it Paradox Sangría.  :P

The Brain

With a little luck they'll be free of EU regulations in a couple of years and can work their people like Asian child laborers. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on June 03, 2020, 05:31:49 AM

"Bloodletting" is a good description of their DLC policy  :P

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: celedhring on June 03, 2020, 05:46:09 AM
Quote from: The Larch on June 03, 2020, 05:31:49 AM

"Bloodletting" is a good description of their DLC policy  :P

Tinto de Verano is typically Spanish, whereas Sangria can be found in Portugal as well (sadly?) so that's a no.  :P

Maladict

Maybe it's because they will be closer to ubik, who still holds the rights to all Paradox game engines.

Josquius

I'm late to the party.
But just discovered by putting outline.com/ the url you want to access, you can get around a large number of paywalls :hmm:
Seems quite like the old google translate to evade school filters trick.
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Quote from: Maladict on June 03, 2020, 06:36:11 AM

Maybe it's because they will be closer to ubik, who still holds the rights to all Paradox game engines.

That's the dude that snapped and got but in the nuthouse by his family, right?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.