News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The state Department thingy.

Started by Razgovory, June 12, 2013, 08:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I am genuinely surprised that we haven't had a thread on this yet.  Seems serious.

QuoteThe US state department failed to fully investigate allegations against its officials involving prostitution, a drug ring and assault, media report.
A leaked internal document obtained by CBS News said staff protecting ex-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton regularly solicited sex workers.
The reports also allege a drug ring may have provided narcotics to state department contractors in Iraq.
But it is suggested officials may have tried to cover up the misconduct.
According to CBS, a draft copy of a state department inspector general's report alleges eight specific examples of improper behaviour by US officials.
'Criminal behavior' Some allegations were suppressed, according to CBS, such as an investigation into an unnamed ambassador who was said to be visiting prostitutes in a public park.
The document cites allegations that the envoy "routinely ditched his protective security detail in order to solicit sexual favors from both prostitutes and minor children".
It went on to say that the ambassador's security team and other colleagues "were well aware of the behavior", according to the reports.
CBS reports that attempts to look into the allegations were stopped in their tracks.
According to the broadcaster, the copy of the draft report said: "Hindering such cases calls into question the integrity of the investigative process, can result in counterintelligence vulnerabilities and can allow criminal behavior to continue."
CNN also reports that the inspector general found an attempt to investigate claims that a drug ring near the US embassy in Baghdad was supplying illegal substances to state department security contractors was stopped.
It was also alleged that a state department security official in Beirut "engaged in sexual assaults" against foreign nationals hired as embassy guards. The same person was accused of similar attacks during previous foreign postings, according to CNN.
Meanwhile, members of Mrs Clinton's security detail solicited prostitutes on official trips, a problem the leaked report is said to have described as "endemic".
Aurelia Fedenisn, who was an investigator with the state department's inspector general, told CBS: "We also uncovered several allegations of criminal wrongdoing in cases, some of which never became cases."
The inspector general's office has reportedly asked external law enforcement experts to look at the way the state department handles complaints of serious misconduct by its senior staff.
Findings are expected later in the summer.
State department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said: "We take allegations of misconduct seriously and we investigate thoroughly.
"All cases mentioned in the CBS report were thoroughly investigated and under investigation, and the department continues to take action."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22864147

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

It never ends with Obama and crew.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

I was actually surprised you didn't start a thread on it.  You and Yi eat this shit up, and this is an actual scandal with actual wrong doing.  I do wonder if Clinton knew about it and if she did I'm not sure what you can do to her.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Kleves

Quote from: Razgovory on June 12, 2013, 09:19:49 PM
I do wonder if Clinton knew about it and if she did I'm not sure what you can do to her.
Not elect her President.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

garbon

Clinton does strike me as the type of person who would cover up sexual assaults for her own gain.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V