News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing Eternally (VQ Game)

Started by ulmont, June 11, 2013, 12:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

le Clerc pirates the Spanish, gets hit but gets 1 piracy hit as well. File sent, Spain owes me a VP or treasure.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Played HC to patronize Tintoretto.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Protestants continue their Viking-like dice.  Convert Flushing and send a colony to Brazil.

Max is up.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Doing some thinking, I'd prefer to convert Dunkirk instead of Flushing, actually.  I'll fix it when it comes back around to me (or Ulmont can do it when he inevitably counter-reforms it).
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on July 04, 2013, 02:00:15 AM
Doing some thinking, I'd prefer to convert Dunkirk instead of Flushing, actually.  I'll fix it when it comes back around to me (or Ulmont can do it when he inevitably counter-reforms it).

Fixed.  Treasure awarded to France.  I'll be passing this impulse unless Max does something amazing, and will pass the rest of the turn unless something amazing happens (such as Habbaku getting another key in a decent position for a revolt).

Berkut

Barring something interesting, I will pass out the turn.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Solmyr

England: Play Card as Event

#75: 2 / The Lost Colony [MANDATORY]
Target a colony in the Atlantic Coast. The owning player must roll a die to keep his colony, succeeding on a 5 or 6. If any other number is rolled, the colony is eliminated. This roll must occur whenever this card is played if a colony exists in one of these spaces, even if the player owning the colony plays this event. Card remains in deck each turn.

Message from England:
Regular in London.

Passing the rest of the turn. I think it's Garbon's solo play from now on. Also, someone should put Selim II card in CB, I don't know how to pull out all cards from the draw deck at once.

garbon

Quote from: Solmyr on July 04, 2013, 03:59:23 PM
Passing the rest of the turn. I think it's Garbon's solo play from now on. Also, someone should put Selim II card in CB, I don't know how to pull out all cards from the draw deck at once.

Taking my impulse shortly, but I think Habbs is still going to make another play.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote#56: 2 / Index of Prohibited Books
Take 6 Catholic Conversion attempts that can affect spaces in France, Netherlands, and/or Scotland. The first die is automatically a "6"; the rest are rolled randomly. OR Cancel the progress of an artist or scientist. Remove their marker from the "Patronized for X CP" box and place it on the Turn Track.

[FAQ: Placing the artist or scientist on the Turn Track serves as a reminder that this power may not sponsor another artist or scientist until next turn. The artist or scientist reenters play next turn.]

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
Taqi al-Din finds himself in the Ottoman index of prohibited books.

Habbaku

Can't make a file at the moment but my play is on ACTS.  Ulmont is up.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Can't look at the board but assuming that wasn't a loss of a key, so pass.

garbon

Quote#73: 5 / War in Persia
Ottoman player must remove 3 to 8 land units from the map and place them (along with any leaders desired) on this Foreign War card (23.7). Persians start with either 3 or 5 land units (chosen by power playing card). If the higher number, award 1 War Winner to Ottoman when war ends. Add a -1 card marker on Ottoman until war ends.

The Safavids start brewing up trouble. Max to decide how many troops he's committing.

Habbaku

Converted and rebelled some stuff in the Netherlands.  Will send a file later tonight.  Anyone that's passing should go ahead with their winters...

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Maximus

Quote from: garbon on July 04, 2013, 07:45:24 PM
Quote#73: 5 / War in Persia
Ottoman player must remove 3 to 8 land units from the map and place them (along with any leaders desired) on this Foreign War card (23.7). Persians start with either 3 or 5 land units (chosen by power playing card). If the higher number, award 1 War Winner to Ottoman when war ends. Add a -1 card marker on Ottoman until war ends.

The Safavids start brewing up trouble. Max to decide how many troops he's committing.

How many units do the Persians get?

garbon

When I checked boardgamegeek it suggested that Ottomans play first / rules cite apparently says Ottomans should choose what they are putting on first and then I decide strength.

QuoteWhen these events are played, place the Event
card on the map near the affected power's home spaces. This
power then selects between 3 and 8 land units from any location
on the map
(except a space under siege) and moves those units onto
the card. Units may be chosen from multiple stacks in different
spaces. One army leader may be selected from any location and
also moved onto the card. The power playing the event then
specifies the strength of the foreign army
; use any available independent land units to represent these foreign units (adding available
minor power units if there are not enough independent ones available).

So looks like aim is that affected player doesn't know what they will be facing.