Main Menu

Tea Partiers harassed by IRS?

Started by Sheilbh, May 11, 2013, 07:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on May 13, 2013, 11:04:09 AM
Quote from: Neil on May 13, 2013, 10:59:32 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 13, 2013, 10:47:46 AM
So, a government mistake, whether under a GOP or Dem administration should not be looked into? You trust your government that much? Were not talk conspiracy shit, just oversight and accountability. 
If you're talking about incompetence, why would you have the absolute least competent organization in the United States federal government hold hearings about it? 

:lol: So congress should not investigate anything..... Watergate, Iraq, 911, IRS, Wall Street..etc. Try again.

Vince Foster, Black Helicopters, water fluoridation...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on May 13, 2013, 11:04:48 AM
Oh right. Because Hilary and I are both women, so it must be a woman thing. Ha. Ha. Ha. I get it. Yeah.. that's a real knee-slapper.

Yes!!  It's a woman thing.  How did you figure that out?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: 11B4V on May 13, 2013, 11:16:30 AM
Let me rephrase that to keep you on point.

Raz if someone kills you, after a lack of security has been identified, your request for more security is denied, does this prove incompetence?

Let me rephrase that for you:

11B4V, if someone kills you, after a lack of security has been identified, your request for more security is denied, does this prove that the SoS said the wrong thing at a news conference?

Again, I don't think that anyone is disagreeing that there were mistakes made regarding the safety in Benghazi. EVERYONE has agreed that mistakes were made, and the SoS and the administration have said that they were looking into how to make sure those kinds of mistakes don't happen again.

Where is the cover-up?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Razgovory

Quote from: Razgovory on May 13, 2013, 11:11:54 AM
11B4V, if someone burns down your house while you aren't home does this prove you are incompetent?

Raz if someone kills you, after a lack of security has been identified, your request for more security is denied, does this prove incompetence?

Not necessarily.  For instance, I fear for my life and I call the police.  They send some officers over.  They stay around for a week.  A month later someone kills me.  Does this indicate incompetence?  No.  There are only so many police officers and they can't hang around my house all the time.  Likewise, at Benghazi additional security did show up for a while (I think it was like five guys), and they were later withdrawn back to Tripoli (most likely to for other security threats).

From what I read the Ambassador and his couple of security guards were attacked by around 150 armed men.  These men had mortars, heavy machine guns, some truck mounted artillery, anti-air guns, and rocket launchers in addition to small arms.  Now you're a military guy, how many security guards armed with small arms would be need to realistically repel such a force in an urban center?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

11B4V

Quote from: merithyn on May 13, 2013, 11:28:55 AM

11B4V, if someone kills you, after a lack of security has been identified, your request for more security is denied, does this prove that the SoS said the wrong thing at a news conference?

Again, I don't think that anyone is disagreeing that there were mistakes made regarding the safety in Benghazi. EVERYONE has agreed that mistakes were made, and the SoS and the administration have said that they were looking into how to make sure those kinds of mistakes don't happen again.

Where is the cover-up?

Lets try that again

Quote11B4V, if someone kills you, after a lack of security has been identified, your request for more security is denied, does this prove that the DoS SoS said the wrong thing at a news conference is incompetant?

Yes quite possibly and should be investigated.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on May 13, 2013, 11:11:54 AM
11B4V, if someone burns down your house while you aren't home does this prove you are incompetent?

No, this proves appropriate allocation of resources, proportional to the potential loss for the society. :P

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on May 13, 2013, 10:54:39 AM
Quote from: merithyn on May 13, 2013, 10:32:44 AM
Quote from: derspiess on May 13, 2013, 10:11:17 AM

:lol:

:mellow:

It's when you do shit like that that I stop paying any attention to your arguments.

I laughed because it sounded eerily similar to Hillary's bitchy response during her congressional hearing.

Derspeiss, you seem dismissive of Clinton's statements.  Is this a correct reading of your attitude?

merithyn

Quote from: 11B4V on May 13, 2013, 11:36:53 AM

Lets try that again

Quote11B4V, if someone kills you, after a lack of security has been identified, your request for more security is denied, does this prove that the DoS SoS said the wrong thing at a news conference is incompetant?

It has been. Mistakes were made. Corrections and suggestions to prevent them from happening again.

Again, where is the cover-up??
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on May 13, 2013, 11:34:49 AM

From what I read the Ambassador and his couple of security guards were attacked by around 150 armed men.  These men had mortars, heavy machine guns, some truck mounted artillery, anti-air guns, and rocket launchers in addition to small arms. 

Hell of a threat assessment by the DoS. eh? That should make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 13, 2013, 11:39:40 AM
Derspeiss, you seem dismissive of Clinton's statements.  Is this a correct reading of your attitude?

Yep.  Bill Safire had her pegged back in 1996.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on May 13, 2013, 11:52:11 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 13, 2013, 11:39:40 AM

Yep.  Bill Safire had her pegged back in 1996.

Then, why bring her before a congressional hearing?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: merithyn on May 13, 2013, 11:28:55 AM

It does not.  What strongly suggests the SoS and the rest of the administration said the wrong thing after the attack is (a) the prior warnings about an attack and (b) the absence of evidence to support the assertion that the attacks arose spontaneously in response to the Mohammed video.

QuoteAgain, I don't think that anyone is disagreeing that there were mistakes made regarding the safety in Benghazi. EVERYONE has agreed that mistakes were made

This is not accurate.

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on May 13, 2013, 11:49:59 AM

From what I read the Ambassador and his couple of security guards were attacked by around 150 armed men.  These men had mortars, heavy machine guns, some truck mounted artillery, anti-air guns, and rocket launchers in addition to small arms. 

Hell of a threat assessment by the DoS. eh? That should make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

You didn't answer my question.  How many men would be realistically required to repel such a force?

11B4V

Quote from: merithyn on May 13, 2013, 11:49:03 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 13, 2013, 11:36:53 AM

Lets try that again

It has been. Mistakes were made. Corrections and suggestions to prevent them from happening again.

It should have never happened in the first place. Bases in CONUS go to a higher threat level with far less information and actual threats. Let alone, Libya was a cluster fuck and the Ambassador request more security.

QuoteAgain, where is the cover-up??
You're stuck on cover-up. Me, on DoS incompetence.

How many mistakes need to be continually made to justify, "What does it matter?"

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on May 13, 2013, 11:56:29 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 13, 2013, 11:49:59 AM

You didn't answer my question.  How many men would be realistically required to repel such a force?

How many DoS executives does it take to make a good threat assessment? None apparently.