News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoupa

Quote from: LaCroix on April 07, 2016, 07:11:39 PM
Quote from: Berkut on April 07, 2016, 03:43:17 PMCruz you get the opposite - someone who will try to sell himself as less fundy than he is, but who is in fact a religious fanatic.

where do you get the impression cruz is a religious fanatic?

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2013/11/10/ted-cruz-was-polarizing-figure-harvard-law-foreshadowing-his-partisan-profile-senate/gEUPs0iVgOyoidafkNe94H/story.html

when you read about his life, he doesn't come across as a religious fanatic. a person who might talk about god, yes, but not a religious fanatic.

Nah man

"He's committed to a legal and political rollback of legalized same-sex marriage, and has embraced a pastor who has endorsed the death penalty for homosexuality. He opposes all abortion, without exceptions for rape or incest. Republicans are justifiably reluctant to defend a vision of America where happily married same-sex couples have their unions involuntarily annulled and women are forced to spend nine months carrying their rapist's child to term."

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/04/ted-cruz-would-be-a-catastrophically-bad-nominee.html?mid=fb-share-di

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Yeah, I figured you'd have to wring out your panties over that one.

LaCroix

Quote from: Zoupa on April 07, 2016, 07:44:48 PMNah man

"He's committed to a legal and political rollback of legalized same-sex marriage, and has embraced a pastor who has endorsed the death penalty for homosexuality. He opposes all abortion, without exceptions for rape or incest. Republicans are justifiably reluctant to defend a vision of America where happily married same-sex couples have their unions involuntarily annulled and women are forced to spend nine months carrying their rapist's child to term."

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/04/ted-cruz-would-be-a-catastrophically-bad-nominee.html?mid=fb-share-di

how do these mean you're a "religious fanatic"? the pastor bit is weak. the legal/political rollback of gays is probably political. I can actually believe he's personally against abortion, but he knows that's something the supreme court will have to eventually decide on. lots of people are against abortion, and if you're against abortion... you might as well be against abortion in all instances because that makes more sense than conceding some instances

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: Maximus on April 07, 2016, 06:14:25 PM
Well he's now at the "then they fight you" stage so it's no surprise that the languish troll brigade is bandwagonning that.

I agree, the anti-Trump sentiment here is very strong.

Jaron

To be fair Martinus, you've been hanging out on Breitbart too much. The anti Trump sentiment is pretty strong in most places.

Plus, Languish as a whole is filled with liberals.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Savonarola

"Dad" made the news again   :)

QuoteSanders campaign says GE CEO 'should take a good look in the mirror'

The spat between Bernie Sanders and the chief executive of General Electric is getting personal.

"If the CEO of General Electric (GE) wants to know how his company is destroying the fabric of America, he should take a good look in the mirror," Warren Gunnels, policy director for the Sanders campaign, told CNN on Thursday.

The Sanders team criticized GE CEO Jeff Immelt over his retirement package, which it claimed was worth tens of millions of dollars, and for being a leader of "a business group lobbying Congress to slash Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid." That's likely a reference to Immelt being involved in Fix the Debt, a group pushing Congress to reduce the debt by cutting spending and raising taxes.

GE didn't immediately respond to CNNMoney's request for comment on the remarks.

Sanders has said often that if he's elected president, Wall Street and big business probably won't be happy. He is running on a platform of creating a more fair and "moral economy."

For Sanders, GE and Immelt are examples of what's wrong with America. GE is abandoning the U.S. by shipping jobs overseas and not paying its fair share in taxes, he argues.

"General Electric has been throwing American workers out on the street and moving to China and other low-wage countries," the Sanders campaign said Thursday.

A CNNMoney analysis this week pointed out that 68% of GE's employees were in the U.S. in 1995. Today, the U.S. share is only 38%.

Sanders vows to make GE and large companies like it pay more in taxes.

His campaign also suggested that Americans may stop buying GE products as word gets out about the company shipping jobs abroad.

Sanders "will also demand that if General Electric wants Americans to continue to buy their products, they better start making more of those products in the United States, not in China or Mexico," the campaign spokesman said Thursday.

Still bringin' good things to life   :)

It would have been considerably gutsier for the Bern to have singled out Apple as a company that produces products in China, rather than GE.  Consumer products aren't a profitable division for GE as it is and few Sanders supporters are going to buy locomotives or wind turbines; iPhones on the other hand...

Anyhow, I guess it's no more golf with the president for Jeff Immelt if Bernie wins.  (Of course Sanders probably can't get into the good golf clubs anyway.)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

I knew bringing back "The X-Files" was a bad idea:

QuoteClinton campaign chair: 'The American people can handle the truth' on UFOs

Washington (CNN)There has long been an air of conspiracy surrounding theories of alien life, and the head of Hillary Clinton's campaign said Thursday it's time to do away with the secrecy.

CNN's Jake Tapper pulled aside Clinton campaign chair John Podesta, who was a guest on "The Lead," to talk aliens.

"The U.S. government could do a much better job in answering the quite legitimate questions that people have about what's going on with unidentified aerial phenomena," Podesta said.

Podesta has made his interest in the possibility of alien life and conspiratorial leanings toward Area 51 well known. During his time serving in the Obama administration, Podesta tweeted, "Finally, my biggest failure of 2014: Once again not securing the #disclosure of the UFO files. #thetruthisstilloutthere cc: @NYTimesDowd."

Clinton herself pledged in January to "get to the bottom" of whether rumors of U.S. contact with extraterrestrial life were true.  In regard to Area 51, Podesta echoed Clinton's call, saying, "What I've talked to the secretary about, and what she's said now in public, is that if she's elected president, when she gets into office, she'll ask for as many records as the United States federal government has to be declassified, and I think that's a commitment that she intends to keep and that I intend to hold her to."

Podesta, a former chief of staff to President Bill Clinton, said the 42nd president once "asked for some information about some of these things, and in particular, some information about what was going on at Area 51."

Asked if there is evidence of alien life, Podesta said, "That's for the public to judge once they've seen all the evidence that the U.S. government has."

When it came to his own beliefs about beings from outer space, Podesta said, "There are a lot of planets out there."
And he made clear: "The American people can handle the truth.

:area52:You will vote Cruz :area52:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Solmyr

Valmy

I look forward to her finding nothing all the nuts then assuming the great cover up continues.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jaron

Bernie invited himself to the Vatican and suddenly declared himself pro Catholic and a big fan of the Pope.

Isn't the Catholic church's ANTI WOMAN, ANTI GAY platform at odds with Bernies supposed inclusion platform?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Martinus

Quote from: Jaron on April 08, 2016, 12:44:58 PM
Bernie invited himself to the Vatican and suddenly declared himself pro Catholic and a big fan of the Pope.

Isn't the Catholic church's ANTI WOMAN, ANTI GAY platform at odds with Bernies supposed inclusion platform?

That ship has sailed when the progressives started to support Islam.