News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Will that help or hurt Bernie? If the latter, I say we fix it after election day.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Norgy

Wiscounsin is Scott Walker's ALEC state, right?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Norgy on April 03, 2016, 06:32:45 PM

By the time that Downs Syndrome mutt is done with Wisconsin, it'll be the northernmost state in the Confederacy. 

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 03, 2016, 07:20:58 PM

By the time that Downs Syndrome mutt is done with Wisconsin, it'll be the northernmost state in the Confederacy.

Don't hate, they're people too.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Barrister

My twin nephews have Down (no "S") Syndrome. :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on April 03, 2016, 08:29:45 PM

And I bet they are supremely more capable than Walker is.

Martinus

My cousin's dog is a mutt.  :mad:

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 03, 2016, 08:34:43 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 03, 2016, 08:29:45 PM

And I bet they are supremely more capable than Walker is.

Meh, I doubt it.

Legbiter

There's a good article on the Trump campaign in the NY Mag. It's actually informative and not veined through with shrill "wow-just-wow" butthurt.  :hmm:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/04/inside-the-donald-trump-presidential-campaign.html#

QuoteThere is perhaps no better representation of the singularity of the Trump campaign than this handful of political outsiders lounging poolside. They fit no one's description of a dream team. Hardly any of Trump's staffers arrived at their positions with high-level political experience. The last time Lewandowski ran a campaign was in 2002, when he managed a losing Senate reelection bid in New Hampshire. Hicks and Scavino spent zero time in politics before this. Hicks did PR for Ivanka Trump's fashion line and promoted Trump resorts. Scavino graduated from caddying to serve as general manager at Trump National Golf Club; he spent his free time as an unpaid disc jockey at a local radio station. Trump's national spokeswoman, Katrina Pierson, is a onetime Obama supporter turned tea-party activist who once was arrested for shoplifting. His foreign-policy advisers include a former banker who writes a foreign-policy blog that quotes Kanye West and Oprah, and an energy consultant whose LinkedIn page cites as a foreign-policy credential being one of five finalists for a model-U.N. summit.

"I would take capable over experienced all day long," Trump said. "Experience is good, but capable is much more important."

Furthermore, he'll take few over many. Trump's campaign employs a core team of about a dozen people; his campaign lists 94 people on the payroll nationwide, according to the latest Federal Election Commission filing (Hillary Clinton has 765). Trump has no pollsters, media coaches, or speechwriters. He ­focus-groups nothing. He buys few ads, and when he does, he likes to write them himself. He also writes his own tweets, his main vehicle for communicating with his supporters. And it was his idea to adopt Ronald Reagan's slogan "Make America Great Again!"

"I'm the strategist," Trump told me. Which would make him, no matter what your feelings about his beliefs or his qualifications to govern a country, one of the greatest political savants of the modern era.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

alfred russel

QuoteAnd it was his idea to adopt Ronald Reagan's slogan "Make America Great Again!"

That wasn't Reagan's slogan. Reagan's slogan was, "Let's make America great again".

I get that they are very close, but he stripped the "Let's", which was the part of the phrase making it seem to be more of a collaborative effort of the community.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Phillip V

Trump seems to have finally hurt himself.  His national Republican polling numbers have lost momentum, and Cruz shows a larger lead in Wisconsin.  A loss there for Trump will throw away his title of what should have been by now the presumptive nominee.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/2016_republican_presidential_nomination-3823.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/wi/wisconsin_republican_presidential_primary-3763.html

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Legbiter

Marti will like this blurb on glorious faggot Milo Yiannopoulos.  :lol:

QuoteYiannopoulos has sworn allegiance to Trump, whom he calls "Daddy." He has also taken to posing with semi-automatic weapons. Recently, he circulated a photo of himself holding an AK-47 and a Louis Vuitton handbag, while wearing a suit and a camouflage "Make America Great Again" hat.

http://www.thetrace.org/2016/04/trump-alt-right-guns-milo-yiannopoulos/
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

garbon

What news is there that hasn't been said about Sanders?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.