Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jaron on March 23, 2016, 01:01:52 AM
Geez Bernie CRUSHED Hillary in Utah.

Its something like 75-25%.

SHAME on you, Utah.

Yet you think she'll beat Trump there.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jaron

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 23, 2016, 02:44:07 AM
Quote from: Jaron on March 23, 2016, 01:01:52 AM
Geez Bernie CRUSHED Hillary in Utah.

Its something like 75-25%.

SHAME on you, Utah.

Yet you think she'll beat Trump there.  :hmm:

Yes, once the Cruz supporters defect.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Martinus

Ok so this tweet from Cruz triggered Trump's:

Martinus

I am not sure how that would work against Trump, though...

celedhring

Quote from: Martinus on March 23, 2016, 05:55:19 AM

Works for firing up Cruz's religious base.

Martinus

Quote from: celedhring on March 23, 2016, 06:05:50 AM
Quote from: Martinus on March 23, 2016, 05:55:19 AM

Works for firing up Cruz's religious base.

I am pretty sure it fired up other bases too. :perv:

(No, I am not going straight, too...)

Martinus

I just love Trump's FB posts, eg.:

QuoteGood morning! Hopefully the Republican Party can come together and have a big WIN in November, paving the way for many great Supreme Court Justices!

:D

alfred russel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 22, 2016, 10:41:06 PM
Arizona has alread been called for Trump on RCP.

You posted this immediately after it happened, and yet no mention of the Utah primary at all. And you wonder why I think you are a closet Trump fanboy.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

celedhring

Tim isn't a Trump fanboy, he just loves his The Sky Is Falling scenarios.

merithyn

I'm getting increasingly annoyed with the media. I'm not a Bernie supporter, but I really dislike foul play, and consistently sending the message that Sanders can't catch up to Clinton's "commanding lead" is an outright lie.

He won the day yesterday with 67 delegates to Clinton's 51. Yes, she won Arizona, but he pulled in more delegates than she did. Right now, he's about 200 delegates behind her. He needs 1004 pledged delegates to her 799 to win the majority.

What do I hear on NPR this morning? That because Clinton took Arizona, there is no way that Sanders can overtake her.

:ultra:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on March 23, 2016, 09:47:54 AM
I'm getting increasingly annoyed with the media. I'm not a Bernie supporter, but I really dislike foul play, and consistently sending the message that Sanders can't catch up to Clinton's "commanding lead" is an outright lie.

He won the day yesterday with 67 delegates to Clinton's 51. Yes, she won Arizona, but he pulled in more delegates than she did. Right now, he's about 200 delegates behind her. He needs 1004 pledged delegates to her 799 to win the majority.

What do I hear on NPR this morning? That because Clinton took Arizona, there is no way that Sanders can overtake her.

But that is basically true. He's actually over 300 short and again unless something miraculous were to happen, he's never going to close the gap.

If you look at '08 race, she's running a much higher gap versus Sanders than Obama ran versus her. The math is very unfavorable for him.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

Quote from: merithyn on March 23, 2016, 09:47:54 AM

There aren't enough states left that gaining 16 net delegates in a three state vote will close the gap. It is like going into halftime down by 40, and winning the third quarter by 3. Yeah you got more points in the third quarter, but you really lost. It is even more unlikely to come back from 37 down in a quarter than 40 down in a half.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on March 23, 2016, 09:59:54 AM
Yeah you got more points in the third quarter, but you really lost. It is even more unlikely to come back from 37 down in a quarter than 40 down in a half.

She covered the Arena League where this happened all the time :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on March 23, 2016, 10:01:23 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on March 23, 2016, 09:59:54 AM
Yeah you got more points in the third quarter, but you really lost. It is even more unlikely to come back from 37 down in a quarter than 40 down in a half.

She covered the Arena League where this happened all the time :P

:contract:

Exactly!

And really, it's about creating a level playing field. Give the facts. Give the real numbers instead of throwing in those superdelegates so that people can make a truly informed decision. That is, after all, supposed to be the role of the media.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom